We are showing you the Global version of our site: would you prefer a different location?
South African Sunshine
Rapha Condor Sharp got the season started in solid fashion last week, with Kristian House taking the overall GC at the Tour of South Africa. Aided by Jonathan Tiernan-Locke, Ben Greenwood, Graham Briggs, Zak Dempster and Dan Craven, the team rode in hot, testing conditions but showed focus and form. After taking the yellow jersey on the opening day with an impressive long range attack, House only lost nine seconds of his original advantage across the following stages. Manager John Herety was delighted with his team's near-perfect performance.
“We knew it would be a big call to defend a lead over six stages, but Kristian is in fantastic form, and this was the perfect opportunity to prove the team could dictate a race at this international standard. The team rode flawlessly as a unit, I couldn’t have asked for more”.
The boys in black dominated the Tour, keeping their rivals in check by controlling the peloton as and when required. House also defied those challenging for his lead by fearlessly putting in an attack on the lead group on the final climb of stage 5. House said:
“I can’t thank the guys enough for this week. We took on some big teams and had quite a fight on our hands, but it turned out perfectly for us. I’m excited for this year, we have a great squad. We will all feel the benefit of racing to win here”.
- RT @tubbytrotter: Yay! I've just won the stunning @rapharacing Womens softshell in the brilliant #AlpedQuiz bring on the winter weather htt…
- Still stuck for gift ideas for someone? Scan their Twitter/Instagram feeds for #oneoftheseplease. → http://t.co/qVKiV4q8mQ
- @xuano_4 Yes it is open to anyone.
- Make sure you enter Alpe d'Quiz today. One lucky winner will receive a pair of Rapha GT Shoes. → http://t.co/3n8XlqiNYq #oneoftheseplease
- Congratulations to the weekend's Alpe d'Quiz winners Joanne Rushton, @tubbytrotter, @jeanztweet. Today's prize draw → http://t.co/3n8XlqiNYq
- Make sure you enter Alpe d'Quiz today. One lucky winner will receive a pair of the finest Rapha Grand Tour Shoes. → http://t.co/3n8XlqiNYq
- RT @rapharacing: A Rapha travel set is up for grabs in Alpe D'Quiz today, featuring a luxurious Rapha Skincare bundle and Wash Bag. → http:…
- Somewhat late to the party, but be sure to check out the film to the recent Gentlemen's Race in… http://t.co/RMZUDuxWRc
- A Rapha travel set is up for grabs in Alpe D'Quiz today, featuring a luxurious Rapha Skincare bundle and Wash Bag. → http://t.co/3n8XlqiNYq
- Cool to see our friends @chriskingbuzz representing in the mix of the elite men's race. #mycielo Parbo! http://t.co/L8g8gNofyR