Diese Seite wurde noch nicht in die gewünschte Sprache übersetzt.
We are showing you the German version of our site: would you prefer a different location?
Sie befinden sich in der deutschen Version unserer Webseite: Möchten Sie eine andere Sprache auswählen?
South African Sunshine
Rapha Condor Sharp got the season started in solid fashion last week, with Kristian House taking the overall GC at the Tour of South Africa. Aided by Jonathan Tiernan-Locke, Ben Greenwood, Graham Briggs, Zak Dempster and Dan Craven, the team rode in hot, testing conditions but showed focus and form. After taking the yellow jersey on the opening day with an impressive long range attack, House only lost nine seconds of his original advantage across the following stages. Manager John Herety was delighted with his team's near-perfect performance.
“We knew it would be a big call to defend a lead over six stages, but Kristian is in fantastic form, and this was the perfect opportunity to prove the team could dictate a race at this international standard. The team rode flawlessly as a unit, I couldn’t have asked for more”.
The boys in black dominated the Tour, keeping their rivals in check by controlling the peloton as and when required. House also defied those challenging for his lead by fearlessly putting in an attack on the lead group on the final climb of stage 5. House said:
“I can’t thank the guys enough for this week. We took on some big teams and had quite a fight on our hands, but it turned out perfectly for us. I’m excited for this year, we have a great squad. We will all feel the benefit of racing to win here”.
- Win today's Alpe D'Quiz prize: a Men's or Women's Classic Softshell. ‘A thing of beauty,’ according to The Times. → http://t.co/3n8XlqiNYq
- @tribryan Hi Bryan, that’s a discontinued Irish Country Jersey which is no longer in production, sorry to disappoint.
- @vickiewoodsford @richardhier @daithetooth Thanks Vickie, glad we were able to help too.
- @ServiceCourse @richardhier @daithetooth You’re all too kind, thank you.
- @richardhier Thanks Richard, have a good weekend. Will pass on your thanks to Peter.
- Stylish, creative, sharp? We all know a sartorial city rider that can be tricky to buy for. See our guide for hints → http://t.co/dul9phwMoX
- Who's excited for snowy racing #inbend this weekend? We brought tshirts and coffee for the weekend.… http://t.co/aYYPjQEXTG
- @playa_mansa Sorry, somehow missed this. Our backpack is great for general use. Most of us here use it both on and off the bike.
- @TheRaceRadio A man experienced in sheep aerodynamics, perhaps. → http://t.co/4ysrDy5bie
- The most recent Rapha Gentlemen’s Race took place in Adelaide with 18 teams lining up for the rolling 160km route. → http://t.co/ZQ3Dzz0NEX