We are showing you the Global version of our site: would you prefer a different location?
Northern Europe is currently being devoured by snowfall and icy winds as the winter settles in. Which calls for extra base layers, warm tights, overshoes and concerted bravery to keep the mileage going. Even if a numb two-hour spin is all you can muster, we must fight back against the cold and keep riding.
© Timm Kölln
Think of Jens Voigt slaying ice-trolls as he hurtles through Brandenburg, or Juan Antonio Flecha ploughing along in the snow, or imagine Andy Hampsten attacking on the Passo Gavia while the rest of the them shiver and cry. Forget the turbo, that isn’t road cycling. Cranking up the heating and staying indoors is not an option. To quote Michael Barry: “No ride is the same yet the objective remains the same: to progress.”
Get out there.
- Meanwhile over in Bend, Oregon it is a bright, crisp day for cyclocross racing. http://t.co/6lcDQK5UNX
- If you're in Scottsdale, Arizona, make sure to stop by the beautiful new @bicyclehaus shop. 2 - 7pm. http://t.co/gsWtf6fa45
- Win today's Alpe D'Quiz prize: a Men's or Women's Classic Softshell. ‘A thing of beauty,’ according to The Times. → http://t.co/3n8XlqiNYq
- @tribryan Hi Bryan, that’s a discontinued Irish Country Jersey which is no longer in production, sorry to disappoint.
- @vickiewoodsford @richardhier @daithetooth Thanks Vickie, glad we were able to help too.
- @ServiceCourse @richardhier @daithetooth You’re all too kind, thank you.
- @richardhier Thanks Richard, have a good weekend. Will pass on your thanks to Peter.
- Stylish, creative, sharp? We all know a sartorial city rider that can be tricky to buy for. See our guide for hints → http://t.co/dul9phwMoX
- Who's excited for snowy racing #inbend this weekend? We brought tshirts and coffee for the weekend.… http://t.co/aYYPjQEXTG
- @playa_mansa Sorry, somehow missed this. Our backpack is great for general use. Most of us here use it both on and off the bike.