We are showing you the Japanese version of our site: would you prefer a different location?
Northern Europe is currently being devoured by snowfall and icy winds as the winter settles in. Which calls for extra base layers, warm tights, overshoes and concerted bravery to keep the mileage going. Even if a numb two-hour spin is all you can muster, we must fight back against the cold and keep riding.
© Timm Kölln
Think of Jens Voigt slaying ice-trolls as he hurtles through Brandenburg, or Juan Antonio Flecha ploughing along in the snow, or imagine Andy Hampsten attacking on the Passo Gavia while the rest of the them shiver and cry. Forget the turbo, that isn’t road cycling. Cranking up the heating and staying indoors is not an option. To quote Michael Barry: “No ride is the same yet the objective remains the same: to progress.”
Get out there.
- RT @rapharacing: A Rapha travel set is up for grabs in Alpe D'Quiz today, featuring a luxurious Rapha Skincare bundle and Wash Bag. → http:…
- Somewhat late to the party, but be sure to check out the film to the recent Gentlemen's Race in… http://t.co/RMZUDuxWRc
- A Rapha travel set is up for grabs in Alpe D'Quiz today, featuring a luxurious Rapha Skincare bundle and Wash Bag. → http://t.co/3n8XlqiNYq
- Cool to see our friends @chriskingbuzz representing in the mix of the elite men's race. #mycielo Parbo! http://t.co/L8g8gNofyR
- The masked man on the cyclocross course today was @jeremypowers. It was that cold. http://t.co/KztIjCYu4O
- Calm and confident on the snow - Katerina Nash is off to an early lead. http://t.co/8TynNP7Nho
- Mr. McDonald's tire choice for today's snowy conditions. Can you guess his PSI? http://t.co/2iHgOw6sUw
- They reopened the ice covered fly-over here in Bend. http://t.co/6xOs5BSd0W
- River City Bicycles racer Ryan (Dream) Weaver 2_wicked_awesome powered his way to a chilly 2nd in the… http://t.co/HDDjDnS99w
- Meanwhile over in Bend, Oregon it is a bright, crisp day for cyclocross racing. http://t.co/6lcDQK5UNX