We are showing you the European version of our site: would you prefer a different location?
Sketches From the Road
We are on temporary reprieve from the road now, resting and preparing for the next half of our summer Rapha Continental tour. Leaving July 12th for Arizona, we're looking forward to riding all of the Rockies and across the Big Sky states. Working through all the emails, phone calls, texts, uploads and downloads, maps, videos, notes and artifacts accumulated over the last three months, we have a clearer understanding of what's involved in telling an interesting story from the road. With that in mind, we will continue to post evidence of some of our more interesting moments and experiences while we've had the time to digest it all. Starting here with a few of our favorite polaroids, illustrations, quotes and musings selected from the 11×17 art journal cum scrapbook from the van.
Beginning July 12, we will be back out on the road and journaling on a daily basis. For 21 days and eleven rides, through seven western states we will continue to report on the making of the Rapha Continental. Please follow along.
- Last week was a great one for Rapha Condor JLT, all the action and images now up on the team site: http://t.co/ftBejPnnCJ
- RT @alainrumpf: Well done @mike_cuming and @raphacondorjlt winner of #TdK2013 under the scrutiny of latest drone… http://t.co/gv81uP9mHP
- In their attempt to cross the US in 24 days, @michaeltabtabai & Andrew Hudon will ‘Leave It On The Road’. → http://t.co/Per6QsCAtt
- We are delighted to announce the opening of a one-month, pop-up @RaphaCycleClub in Tokyo this summer from 22/6–21/7 → http://t.co/Jrc0EKZ9ky
- Huge congratulations to @raphacondorjlt’s @mike_cuming for winning the @TourdeKorea2013 and to @tomsoutham for best DS. #TdK2013
- @danfromnam in Corsica — outtake from our 2013 Spring/Summer shoot #corsica #beningstagram http://t.co/03A7pT9mtj
- Winner Winner Chicken Dinner ! The most important jersey of #TdK2013 hot off the press. http://t.co/Pflx0eUfdv”
- What a day... The boys keep Mike Cuming in yellow, after having to chase all day. Great performance by all.
- Just rehearsing the whole of Pacino's speech from Any Given Sunday to recite to the boys...
- UK: Thanks to all who came to to tonight’s Rapha Étape Evening in London with @CyclefitUK — one of our biggest turnouts yet.
Lots of vertebrae on the road today. Everytime I saw some spine of an animal on the road it reminded me how bad my back hurt. - Steve Francisco
Insane dirt climb #2: You have to go into a pretty dark room for climbs like that. Fortunately, I inhabit that room often… I've even got a sofa in there - Ben Lieberson
In Texas, the chipseal really is bigger. - Ryan Thomson, 337 in Texas Hill Country
Oh you guys did it Spaghetti Western style. - Local cyclist we met at the bar of diner in Jasper, Arkansas. He was referring to the direction in which we rode Jasper Disaster.
I will be the nice looking brother in the Maroon Velour Sweat Suit - DJ on a radio station somewhere on the border of Mississippi and Louisiana. He was talking about how listeners would recognize him at a lunch party his radio station was promoting.
Mr. Fly is an amateur photographer and he makes one dollar turkey and ham hand sandwiches. - Lynn and Vida Greer, Killing Me Softly in Liepers Fork, Tennessee, talking about the owner/operator of their favorite place to stop for lunch.