We are showing you the Australian version of our site: would you prefer a different location?
Sketches From the Road
We are on temporary reprieve from the road now, resting and preparing for the next half of our summer Rapha Continental tour. Leaving July 12th for Arizona, we're looking forward to riding all of the Rockies and across the Big Sky states. Working through all the emails, phone calls, texts, uploads and downloads, maps, videos, notes and artifacts accumulated over the last three months, we have a clearer understanding of what's involved in telling an interesting story from the road. With that in mind, we will continue to post evidence of some of our more interesting moments and experiences while we've had the time to digest it all. Starting here with a few of our favorite polaroids, illustrations, quotes and musings selected from the 11×17 art journal cum scrapbook from the van.
Beginning July 12, we will be back out on the road and journaling on a daily basis. For 21 days and eleven rides, through seven western states we will continue to report on the making of the Rapha Continental. Please follow along.
- @antmccrossan Thanks Anthony.
- @brettrothmeyer nice cap drawing by the way!
- @Jack_Sadler @raphacondor We’re honoured to have you riding for us Jack.
- RT @dean0downing: I had 6 great seasons with the @raphacondor team, thanks to all at @rapharacing for the support through out. http://t.co/…
- @dean0downing @raphacondor Thank you Dean, it’s been an incredible journey.
- Eeny meeny miny moe. Aka Sean, Freddy, Roger and Francesco. If like me you can't decide which one of… http://t.co/o5b8KuTdCX
- Buying for the obsessive cyclist can be an impossible task. The kit has to be right, but what do you choose? → http://t.co/78RaFQ810G
- RT @raphacondor: 2014 will be the last year that Rapha will be part of @raphacondor JLT, concluding 9 fantastic years as co-owners. → http:…
- RT @rapha_australia: It's time for #alpedquiz question two. "WHERE DID RICHIE PORTE FINISH ON STAGE 18 OF THE 2013 TOUR?" Answer at http://…
- The #oneoftheseplease wk 3 includes some outdoor products from the likes of @polerstuff - Kletterwerks - and Filson: http://t.co/SG3aSEcjxN
Lots of vertebrae on the road today. Everytime I saw some spine of an animal on the road it reminded me how bad my back hurt. - Steve Francisco
Insane dirt climb #2: You have to go into a pretty dark room for climbs like that. Fortunately, I inhabit that room often… I've even got a sofa in there - Ben Lieberson
In Texas, the chipseal really is bigger. - Ryan Thomson, 337 in Texas Hill Country
Oh you guys did it Spaghetti Western style. - Local cyclist we met at the bar of diner in Jasper, Arkansas. He was referring to the direction in which we rode Jasper Disaster.
I will be the nice looking brother in the Maroon Velour Sweat Suit - DJ on a radio station somewhere on the border of Mississippi and Louisiana. He was talking about how listeners would recognize him at a lunch party his radio station was promoting.
Mr. Fly is an amateur photographer and he makes one dollar turkey and ham hand sandwiches. - Lynn and Vida Greer, Killing Me Softly in Liepers Fork, Tennessee, talking about the owner/operator of their favorite place to stop for lunch.