We are showing you the UK version of our site: would you prefer a different location?
Show Me Yours
The handmade bicycle builders of Portland, Oregon have done it again. As a precursor to the North American Handmade Bicycle Show in Sacramento, California the builders of this fair city have gotten together to show off what they have in store for the big dance. This one-night only show offers fans of this handmade scene a chance to see these custom crafted machines before they are carefully packed and transported to Northern California. Make sure to be there Friday night to see what sort of creations these guys will officially be unveiling at this years show. We understand if you cannot make it to this event, so the #ShowMeYourBike hashtag has been created for those who cannot make it to follow along as well as participate.
Handmade bicycles can mean many different things to their owners, but when it comes down to it, the bicycle is still meant to be ridden. Here in the office and as a part of the Rapha Continental we have seen and ridden many handmade bicycles — including the Richard Sachs seen above. In keeping with the theme of "Show Me Yours" we want to see what handmade bicycle creations you, the reader, are riding. Maybe it is something that you ride on the daily, something that you reserve for special occasions (don't do that, ride it!) or a race machine that has been fabricated to your specific demands? We want to see your handmade bicycles. We will be highlighting these photographs and a bit more this Friday, February 23rd.
DEADLINE FOR PHOTOS: Thursday February 23.
There are two ways that you can get these photos over to us:
DISCLAIMER: Of course we love all bicycles. If you wish to tweet us with a photo of your bike, be it handmade or not, we would be glad to see it. But, for the purpose of Friday's post and to start the conversation around handmade bikes, these will be the only ones considered for Friday's post.
- Tour series update from Stoke up on the site http://t.co/aVdcnGnkOX
- RT @elstopbanana: Here's Kristian House @raphacondor at last night's @TourSeries picture by Sue Howlett Great racing! @SoTCityCouncil http:…
- RT @sticky_bottle: Meant to say, to be eligible for the @raphacondor team car compeition you have to be a stickybottle twitter follower!
- RT @sticky_bottle: OK folks; nice morning for it. To win a day in the Rapha Condor JLT team car on the Rás last stage, Sunday, just retweet…
- Third team overall for the Men in Black at Stoke last night in the @TourSeries
- 2 be clear that was @johnherety decision to not let @AaronBuggle start. Tour of Korea and Irish National Champs will be his next rendezvous
- Happy to report @AaronBuggle is as good looking as ever after 13 stitches in his chin. Sorry to report not letting him start tomorrow though
- @flammecast @AaronBuggle His Shrone is fine !!!
- Big thanks to all marshals,coms and medical staff on the @anpostras today. Great work despite the numerous demands on their services today.
- Just to let all his girl fans know @AaronBuggle is ok. He's in hospital and will need some surgery on a cut to his chin. Will update later.