We are showing you the European version of our site: would you prefer a different location?
Show Me Yours
The handmade bicycle builders of Portland, Oregon have done it again. As a precursor to the North American Handmade Bicycle Show in Sacramento, California the builders of this fair city have gotten together to show off what they have in store for the big dance. This one-night only show offers fans of this handmade scene a chance to see these custom crafted machines before they are carefully packed and transported to Northern California. Make sure to be there Friday night to see what sort of creations these guys will officially be unveiling at this years show. We understand if you cannot make it to this event, so the #ShowMeYourBike hashtag has been created for those who cannot make it to follow along as well as participate.
Handmade bicycles can mean many different things to their owners, but when it comes down to it, the bicycle is still meant to be ridden. Here in the office and as a part of the Rapha Continental we have seen and ridden many handmade bicycles — including the Richard Sachs seen above. In keeping with the theme of "Show Me Yours" we want to see what handmade bicycle creations you, the reader, are riding. Maybe it is something that you ride on the daily, something that you reserve for special occasions (don't do that, ride it!) or a race machine that has been fabricated to your specific demands? We want to see your handmade bicycles. We will be highlighting these photographs and a bit more this Friday, February 23rd.
DEADLINE FOR PHOTOS: Thursday February 23.
There are two ways that you can get these photos over to us:
DISCLAIMER: Of course we love all bicycles. If you wish to tweet us with a photo of your bike, be it handmade or not, we would be glad to see it. But, for the purpose of Friday's post and to start the conversation around handmade bikes, these will be the only ones considered for Friday's post.
- @flammecast @AaronBuggle His Shrone is fine !!!
- Big thanks to all marshals,coms and medical staff on the @anpostras today. Great work despite the numerous demands on their services today.
- Just to let all his girl fans know @AaronBuggle is ok. He's in hospital and will need some surgery on a cut to his chin. Will update later.
- We've just added 13 new rides since the weekend to our Rapha #womens100 Find a Ride list. → http://t.co/ux8c1JCuQc
- The team also racing the Ras in Ireland this week. Currently Aaron Buggle is the team's top placed rider in 15th overall.
- Tour Series resumes tonight in Stoke on Trent. RCJ line up is House, Clancy, McCallum, English and Mellor.
- Arboretum → http://t.co/cJXOyDWnK0 #raphasurvey #sanfrancisco #sf #cycling
- There are still a few of these sweet Rapha + Raeburn jackets at the SF @raphacycleclub. http://t.co/C2d98yCRL0
- The hills above. #raphasurvey http://t.co/jlIkXowxyT
- U23 winner in 2012 what's in store for @RichHandley90 in the @anpostras http://t.co/xyZWX3NbtG