We are showing you the Canadian version of our site: would you prefer a different location?
Show Me Yours
The handmade bicycle builders of Portland, Oregon have done it again. As a precursor to the North American Handmade Bicycle Show in Sacramento, California the builders of this fair city have gotten together to show off what they have in store for the big dance. This one-night only show offers fans of this handmade scene a chance to see these custom crafted machines before they are carefully packed and transported to Northern California. Make sure to be there Friday night to see what sort of creations these guys will officially be unveiling at this years show. We understand if you cannot make it to this event, so the #ShowMeYourBike hashtag has been created for those who cannot make it to follow along as well as participate.
Handmade bicycles can mean many different things to their owners, but when it comes down to it, the bicycle is still meant to be ridden. Here in the office and as a part of the Rapha Continental we have seen and ridden many handmade bicycles — including the Richard Sachs seen above. In keeping with the theme of "Show Me Yours" we want to see what handmade bicycle creations you, the reader, are riding. Maybe it is something that you ride on the daily, something that you reserve for special occasions (don't do that, ride it!) or a race machine that has been fabricated to your specific demands? We want to see your handmade bicycles. We will be highlighting these photographs and a bit more this Friday, February 23rd.
DEADLINE FOR PHOTOS: Thursday February 23.
There are two ways that you can get these photos over to us:
DISCLAIMER: Of course we love all bicycles. If you wish to tweet us with a photo of your bike, be it handmade or not, we would be glad to see it. But, for the purpose of Friday's post and to start the conversation around handmade bikes, these will be the only ones considered for Friday's post.
- @tribryan Hi Bryan, that’s a discontinued Irish Country Jersey which is no longer in production, sorry to disappoint.
- @vickiewoodsford @richardhier @daithetooth Thanks Vickie, glad we were able to help too.
- @ServiceCourse @richardhier @daithetooth You’re all too kind, thank you.
- @richardhier Thanks Richard, have a good weekend. Will pass on your thanks to Peter.
- Stylish, creative, sharp? We all know a sartorial city rider that can be tricky to buy for. See our guide for hints → http://t.co/dul9phwMoX
- Who's excited for snowy racing #inbend this weekend? We brought tshirts and coffee for the weekend.… http://t.co/aYYPjQEXTG
- @playa_mansa Sorry, somehow missed this. Our backpack is great for general use. Most of us here use it both on and off the bike.
- @TheRaceRadio A man experienced in sheep aerodynamics, perhaps. → http://t.co/4ysrDy5bie
- The most recent Rapha Gentlemen’s Race took place in Adelaide with 18 teams lining up for the rolling 160km route. → http://t.co/ZQ3Dzz0NEX
- @andersmagnus Hi Anders, there’s been a delay unfortunately, but thanks for being patient. It will be out as soon as possible.