We are showing you the UK version of our site: would you prefer a different location?
Satchel Ride Teaser
“By the time we had delivered the satchel to Sydney, we had retraced a unique route, crossing three states to arrive exhausted but elated. What remained was the bond that formed between the Continental riders, a unique camaraderie.” - Daniel Strauss
In 1912, a relay race was held from Adelaide to Sydney. Its aim was to determine the most effective way of transporting a satchel of military dispatches at a time of national crisis. Covering 1,149 miles, much of it over remote and challenging terrain, the race pitted cars and motorcycles against a team of cyclists. Nearly 70 hours later, when the winning team reached Sydney, it was not the team of cars, nor the team of motorcycles that recorded the fastest time. The winning team was the team of cyclists. To mark the centenary of their achievement, the Rapha Continental Australia set out to recreate their momentous achievement. The result was the Rapha Satchel Ride.
- @CanyonUK Everyone loves a hug, thanks.
- @CanyonUK Do we win a prize?
- @c4shr Hello Kash, we're very sorry about that. We'll be in touch shortly to sort things out.
- RT @Strava: Are you ready for the @rapharacing #Festive500? we're challenging riders to clock 500 km between Christmas and NYE. http://t.co…
- RT @JeanzTweet: Yay! Won a nice wash bag & skincare kit at the @rapharacing #alpedquiz. First time ever i won a prize. You rock #teamrapha …
- @JeanzTweet You’re welcome Jens.
- Congrats to yesterday’s Alpe d'Quiz winner Ben Wooliscroft who won a pair of Rapha GT Shoes. Today's prize draw → http://t.co/h4frOXDYma
- RT @michaeltabtabai: @rapharacing #oneoftheseplease Custom Carter handmade chefs knife made here in Oregon by Mastersmith Murray Carter htt…
- @Johnlovesbikes they are in transit and should be here later this week. Thanks for checking in, sorry for the delay.
- RT @tubbytrotter: Yay! I've just won the stunning @rapharacing Womens softshell in the brilliant #AlpedQuiz bring on the winter weather htt…