We are showing you the Norwegian version of our site: would you prefer a different location?
Satchel Ride Teaser
“By the time we had delivered the satchel to Sydney, we had retraced a unique route, crossing three states to arrive exhausted but elated. What remained was the bond that formed between the Continental riders, a unique camaraderie.” - Daniel Strauss
In 1912, a relay race was held from Adelaide to Sydney. Its aim was to determine the most effective way of transporting a satchel of military dispatches at a time of national crisis. Covering 1,149 miles, much of it over remote and challenging terrain, the race pitted cars and motorcycles against a team of cyclists. Nearly 70 hours later, when the winning team reached Sydney, it was not the team of cars, nor the team of motorcycles that recorded the fastest time. The winning team was the team of cyclists. To mark the centenary of their achievement, the Rapha Continental Australia set out to recreate their momentous achievement. The result was the Rapha Satchel Ride.
- How good is this shot ! “@TourdeKorea2013: @mike_cuming looking good in yellow! #TdK2013 @johnherety @raphacondor http://t.co/CrCV1zkCUB”
- RT @TourdeKorea2013: @mike_cuming looking good in yellow! #TdK2013 @johnherety @raphacondor http://t.co/oCjdyhvSue
- Reality check we also lost teammates @AaronBuggle and @carthy94 today. Going to be tough to defend.
- @mike_cuming in yellow with just over a minutes lead going into the final 2 stages of @TourdeKorea2013 couldn't of happened to a nicer guy
- RT @TourdeKorea2013: 25km to go in Stage 6. @mike_cuming is the virtual leader for @raphacondor. #TdK2013
- RT @TourdeKorea2013: 102 riders will sign on today after eight were dropped by their teams in the TTT and failed to make the time cut. #TdK…
- RT @London_phill: @raphacondor @MiBsponsor @james_fairbank_ Rapha team in Tour De Korea 2013 TTT http://t.co/SW09x70Zs0
- RT @182Jay: @raphacondor please share my @JustGiving page @thomwilson88, @DavidMetherell1 and I are fundraising for @MyelomaUK http://t.co…
- Great ride by the boys in Korea. 3rd by only 3 seconds in the 25km TTT today. Mike Cuming now up to 5th overall.
- Some nice pics of the boys and report on the great Mr Cancy's ride last night: http://t.co/ctoHu37ixb