[ locale string ]
We are showing you the Taiwanese version of our site: would you prefer a different location?
Rouleur No. 19
He tells me the easiest way for him to tell if a frame is a Ron Cooper is by the shape of the rake of the fork blades.“It’s a gradual ascending curve which starts on the dropout and goes a third of the way up, in a perfect curve: no bumps, no flats, just a perfect curve. How’s it done? With great difficulty!” – Jack Thurston with Ron Cooper
While the shots of great champions like Engers and Burton may be familiar, it is the lesser-knowns that catch the eye: the young man rounding a marshal on his Holdsworth, the carcass of an Ever Ready rear lamp attached to his chainstay, timekeepers holding stopwatches the size of their palms.
– Ian Cleverly on British photographer Bernard Thompson
He was, without question, the last true patron, ie boss, of the peloton […] and it’s not a role you choose, rather one that chooses you, if you’re worthy. That he was undisputed patron is largely because of his temperament and manner. He was capable of saying ‘today I win’ and delivering, and he generally won in flamboyant style.
– Graeme Fife on Bernard Hinault
The groups of riders are arranged into sections and marched from workshop, to track, to bikestore, to gym and to lunch, it seems somewhat regimented and military to the outsider, but the riders seem to accept that it’s a tried and tested formula, as Chris Hoy explained, “It’s almost military in the way they do it.”
– Guy Andrews on Keirin racing
Available from www.rouleur.cc and usual stockists
- Cool to see our friends @chriskingbuzz representing in the mix of the elite men's race. #mycielo Parbo! http://t.co/L8g8gNofyR
- The masked man on the cyclocross course today was @jeremypowers. It was that cold. http://t.co/KztIjCYu4O
- Calm and confident on the snow - Katerina Nash is off to an early lead. http://t.co/8TynNP7Nho
- Mr. McDonald's tire choice for today's snowy conditions. Can you guess his PSI? http://t.co/2iHgOw6sUw
- They reopened the ice covered fly-over here in Bend. http://t.co/6xOs5BSd0W
- River City Bicycles racer Ryan (Dream) Weaver 2_wicked_awesome powered his way to a chilly 2nd in the… http://t.co/HDDjDnS99w
- Meanwhile over in Bend, Oregon it is a bright, crisp day for cyclocross racing. http://t.co/6lcDQK5UNX
- If you're in Scottsdale, Arizona, make sure to stop by the beautiful new @bicyclehaus shop. 2 - 7pm. http://t.co/gsWtf6fa45
- Win today's Alpe D'Quiz prize: a Men's or Women's Classic Softshell. ‘A thing of beauty,’ according to The Times. → http://t.co/3n8XlqiNYq
- @tribryan Hi Bryan, that’s a discontinued Irish Country Jersey which is no longer in production, sorry to disappoint.