Diese Seite wurde noch nicht in die gewünschte Sprache übersetzt.
We are showing you the German version of our site: would you prefer a different location?
Sie befinden sich in der deutschen Version unserer Webseite: Möchten Sie eine andere Sprache auswählen?
Rouleur at the Classics
Rouleur consistently draws our attention to the most dramatic and brutal road riding in the world. If the term classicism could be applied to cycling journalism then Rouleur has pioneered the artform. Not that the magazine has anything to do with Ancient Greece or Rome (well, apart from the work of Graeme Fife, an expert in Classics of the Greek variety as well as the Belgian kind).
It is no surprise, especially to the road connoisseur, that Rouleur dishes up plenty of coverage on the classics, the springtime Monuments that perfectly capture the glory and suffering that make this sport so painfully beautiful. The first ever issue of Rouleur paid homage to the Redoubtable Rouleurs such as Roger De Vlaeminck, Gilbert Duclos-Lasalle and Andrei Tchmil, all Roubaix winners. The second installment of the magazine opened with an article entitled Flahute, which discussed cobblestones in detail. Rouleur no.2 also included an interview with Sean Kelly. Classic.
Jump ahead to the latest Rouleur Annual and there is a wealth of stunning imagery from the classics in 2009. Olaf Unverzart treats us to more desolate arenas of road racing, photographing cobbled climbs in Flanders. Camille J McMillan uses smoke (cigarettes mostly) and mirrors to capture close ups of the pros clattering along the pavé. Taz Darling finds moody low country atmosphere by the bucket load and Rein van de Wouw shows us the humorous and absurd, using postcards sent to the Netherlands from his travels in neighbouring Belgium. I know where I want to go this coming spring and I know Rouleur will be there too.
All images © Rouleur
- Well done to @AlanLyne who won through @sticky_bottle a day in the @raphacondor JLT team car for the last stage of the @anpostras
- Last Night: http://t.co/K8ZACmUGGK
- The #raphaprestige story is up. Film by @WEREHAUS, photos from Brian Vernor & story by @krasniakjulie ::http://t.co/YtCARBlXee
- Clancy takes the win in the Tour series in Aberystwyth.
- @alainrumpf sorry for late reply. Comprehensive site is http://t.co/gBvpR134lP. As Udo Bölts once said, 'quäl' dich, du Sau!' Enjoy!
- On Friday May 31st, Rapha will be hosting a ride from Rapperswil-Jona on the banks of Lake Zurich. More info to follow next week on rapha.cc
- Boss. Norwegian national champion's replica jersey and bib shorts now at rapha.cc. http://t.co/fpyjc3PeiM
- As the #Giro begins to climax, @herbiesykes looks at one of its long-established traditions—the one-stage wonder. → http://t.co/mydWSIHSrT
- @clotho_nor Hi Christopher, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll see what we can do. Thanks.
- The Tour Series continues tonight in Aberystwyth. Last year Kristian House took his second win of the series there.