We are showing you the European version of our site: would you prefer a different location?
Rouleur 21: Keirin Part Two
All images © Taz Darling & Rouleur
Words: Guy Andrews | Photographs: Taz Darling
“Riders are assembling and adjusting their bikes, replacing sprockets and chains. With all this tinkering going on, it has the appearance of an amateur track meet, not the highest prize-winning track final in the world.”
“They stretch and shout aloud. The atmosphere has changed in an instant. It feels immediately charged, and the waiting area suddenly falls into silence. As they are called to the gate, the racers wait behind the doors of the entrance to the track. It feels more like the Coliseum than a velodrome.”
“As night falls and the final approaches, fireworks and fanfares welcome the big hitters to the track and the big stars of keirin are introduced to the crowd. There’s more bowing and ceremony, and once the racing is underway, the sprint for the line is a confusing muddle of cheering and flashbulbs.”
- RT @IonaNiDhalaigh: Yahhh mountain jersey in the bag!!! Nice one @mike_cuming!!! @raphacondor http://t.co/GrGqSL0Kgl
- RT @CondorWarehouse: Nice to see the @raphacondor JLT team bike on display @campagnolosrl HQ with so many top pro teams http://t.co/5CgE0tY…
- RT @anpostras: GC after Stage 4: Bialoblocki,, McConvey, Guldhammer, Handley, Pelletier-Roy, Hunal, Simon Yates, Fodor, Roger Aiken, Archbo…
- Spare a thought for @Porterelliott who punctured out of the yellow jersey group, when will he get some luck!
- Took the @anpostras on today. Didn't quite pull it off. @RichHandley90 4th on GC and @mike_cuming in the KoM jersey.
- Tour series update from Stoke up on the site http://t.co/aVdcnGnkOX
- RT @elstopbanana: Here's Kristian House @raphacondor at last night's @TourSeries picture by Sue Howlett Great racing! @SoTCityCouncil http:…
- RT @sticky_bottle: Meant to say, to be eligible for the @raphacondor team car compeition you have to be a stickybottle twitter follower!
- RT @sticky_bottle: OK folks; nice morning for it. To win a day in the Rapha Condor JLT team car on the Rás last stage, Sunday, just retweet…
- Third team overall for the Men in Black at Stoke last night in the @TourSeries