We are showing you the European version of our site: would you prefer a different location?
Rouleur 21: Keirin Part Two
All images © Taz Darling & Rouleur
Words: Guy Andrews | Photographs: Taz Darling
“Riders are assembling and adjusting their bikes, replacing sprockets and chains. With all this tinkering going on, it has the appearance of an amateur track meet, not the highest prize-winning track final in the world.”
“They stretch and shout aloud. The atmosphere has changed in an instant. It feels immediately charged, and the waiting area suddenly falls into silence. As they are called to the gate, the racers wait behind the doors of the entrance to the track. It feels more like the Coliseum than a velodrome.”
“As night falls and the final approaches, fireworks and fanfares welcome the big hitters to the track and the big stars of keirin are introduced to the crowd. There’s more bowing and ceremony, and once the racing is underway, the sprint for the line is a confusing muddle of cheering and flashbulbs.”
- @tribryan Hi Bryan, that’s a discontinued Irish Country Jersey which is no longer in production, sorry to disappoint.
- @vickiewoodsford @richardhier @daithetooth Thanks Vickie, glad we were able to help too.
- @ServiceCourse @richardhier @daithetooth You’re all too kind, thank you.
- @richardhier Thanks Richard, have a good weekend. Will pass on your thanks to Peter.
- Stylish, creative, sharp? We all know a sartorial city rider that can be tricky to buy for. See our guide for hints → http://t.co/dul9phwMoX
- Who's excited for snowy racing #inbend this weekend? We brought tshirts and coffee for the weekend.… http://t.co/aYYPjQEXTG
- @playa_mansa Sorry, somehow missed this. Our backpack is great for general use. Most of us here use it both on and off the bike.
- @TheRaceRadio A man experienced in sheep aerodynamics, perhaps. → http://t.co/4ysrDy5bie
- The most recent Rapha Gentlemen’s Race took place in Adelaide with 18 teams lining up for the rolling 160km route. → http://t.co/ZQ3Dzz0NEX
- @andersmagnus Hi Anders, there’s been a delay unfortunately, but thanks for being patient. It will be out as soon as possible.