We are showing you the Canadian version of our site: would you prefer a different location?
Rouleur 21: Keirin Part Two
All images © Taz Darling & Rouleur
Words: Guy Andrews | Photographs: Taz Darling
“Riders are assembling and adjusting their bikes, replacing sprockets and chains. With all this tinkering going on, it has the appearance of an amateur track meet, not the highest prize-winning track final in the world.”
“They stretch and shout aloud. The atmosphere has changed in an instant. It feels immediately charged, and the waiting area suddenly falls into silence. As they are called to the gate, the racers wait behind the doors of the entrance to the track. It feels more like the Coliseum than a velodrome.”
“As night falls and the final approaches, fireworks and fanfares welcome the big hitters to the track and the big stars of keirin are introduced to the crowd. There’s more bowing and ceremony, and once the racing is underway, the sprint for the line is a confusing muddle of cheering and flashbulbs.”
- @CanyonUK Everyone loves a hug, thanks.
- @CanyonUK Do we win a prize?
- @c4shr Hello Kash, we're very sorry about that. We'll be in touch shortly to sort things out.
- RT @Strava: Are you ready for the @rapharacing #Festive500? we're challenging riders to clock 500 km between Christmas and NYE. http://t.co…
- RT @JeanzTweet: Yay! Won a nice wash bag & skincare kit at the @rapharacing #alpedquiz. First time ever i won a prize. You rock #teamrapha …
- @JeanzTweet You’re welcome Jens.
- Congrats to yesterday’s Alpe d'Quiz winner Ben Wooliscroft who won a pair of Rapha GT Shoes. Today's prize draw → http://t.co/h4frOXDYma
- RT @michaeltabtabai: @rapharacing #oneoftheseplease Custom Carter handmade chefs knife made here in Oregon by Mastersmith Murray Carter htt…
- @Johnlovesbikes they are in transit and should be here later this week. Thanks for checking in, sorry for the delay.
- RT @tubbytrotter: Yay! I've just won the stunning @rapharacing Womens softshell in the brilliant #AlpedQuiz bring on the winter weather htt…