[ locale string ]
We are showing you the Taiwanese version of our site: would you prefer a different location?
Ronde van Cannings
Ah, Belgium, the land of pavé , sideways cloudbursts, terrible crosswinds, Trappist beer and excellent frites. There's plenty of other brilliant stuff besides, including the Ghent Six-Day and the cyclocross World Cup.
Jon Cannings, Rouleur's official Euro rep, took it upon himself to organise a ride with a rabble of cobble-lovers who all happened to be in Belgium last Sunday. From Ghent towards Oudenaarde, a group of ten, including Rapha Condor team mechanic Andy Verrall and RoadCycling UK's David Arthur, endured the most typical of wet and moody Belgian days. The final cobbled climb of the ride was the Molenberg, which features in the Tour of Flanders. Mr Cannings informs me he was first to the top of this nasty ascent.
© Kristof Ramon
Nice Winter Hat, shame about the coat.
View more of Kristof Ramon's pictures of the ride here.
Also, read David Arthur's write up of his trip to Belgium on his blog.
- RT @CondorWarehouse: @raphacondor JLT 2014 pedals will be @SpeedplayPedals Stainless White :-) http://t.co/S4oOK2gx8t
- RT @CondorWarehouse: A massive shout out to @SpeedplayPedals just received our pedals for @raphacondor JLT 2014 bikes. Thanks guys http://t…
- Congratulations to yesterday’s Alpe d'Quiz winner Darren Edwards who receives a Rapha Backpack. Today's prize draw → http://t.co/h4frOXDYma
- @vickiewoodsford @tobytoof @daithetooth @WhittleFit Thanks Vickie, very kind of you to say.
- @daithetooth Thank you Dai.
- @rich_mitch @RaphaCycleClub You're welcome.
- @rich_mitch Hey Rich, you're probably best to head to our @RaphaCycleClub in London to try them on with advice some our knowledgable staff.
- RT @rapha_australia: The first #alpedquiz question has been asked. "FAUSTO COPPI WAS THE FIRST MAN TO DO WHAT?" Answer at http://t.co/EnOFN…
- RT @rapha_n_america: Up Close: The Rapha x Raeburn Fall-Winter Collection via @selectism :: http://t.co/O27Eo9pQGK
- What do you get the cyclist who has everything? Here's what we recommend for the dandy in your life. → http://t.co/ciPREr3fnP