We are showing you the Norwegian version of our site: would you prefer a different location?
Ronde van Cannings
Ah, Belgium, the land of pavé , sideways cloudbursts, terrible crosswinds, Trappist beer and excellent frites. There's plenty of other brilliant stuff besides, including the Ghent Six-Day and the cyclocross World Cup.
Jon Cannings, Rouleur's official Euro rep, took it upon himself to organise a ride with a rabble of cobble-lovers who all happened to be in Belgium last Sunday. From Ghent towards Oudenaarde, a group of ten, including Rapha Condor team mechanic Andy Verrall and RoadCycling UK's David Arthur, endured the most typical of wet and moody Belgian days. The final cobbled climb of the ride was the Molenberg, which features in the Tour of Flanders. Mr Cannings informs me he was first to the top of this nasty ascent.
© Kristof Ramon
Nice Winter Hat, shame about the coat.
View more of Kristof Ramon's pictures of the ride here.
Also, read David Arthur's write up of his trip to Belgium on his blog.
- Congratulations to yesterday’s Alpe d'Quiz winner Khamarul Rejab who receives a Team Sky bundle. Today's prize draw → http://t.co/h4frOXDYma
- RT @chrishoy: Ok, I'm going to make the call now, and it's a big call, but I reckon @Ed_Clancy will break the World kilo record at the end …
- @Barry8012 @RaphaCycleClub You’re most welcome Simon, thanks for your feedback.
- @antmccrossan Thanks Anthony.
- @brettrothmeyer nice cap drawing by the way!
- @Jack_Sadler @raphacondor We’re honoured to have you riding for us Jack.
- RT @dean0downing: I had 6 great seasons with the @raphacondor team, thanks to all at @rapharacing for the support through out. http://t.co/…
- @dean0downing @raphacondor Thank you Dean, it’s been an incredible journey.
- Eeny meeny miny moe. Aka Sean, Freddy, Roger and Francesco. If like me you can't decide which one of… http://t.co/o5b8KuTdCX
- Buying for the obsessive cyclist can be an impossible task. The kit has to be right, but what do you choose? → http://t.co/78RaFQ810G