We are showing you the Australian version of our site: would you prefer a different location?
Ronde van Cannings
Ah, Belgium, the land of pavé , sideways cloudbursts, terrible crosswinds, Trappist beer and excellent frites. There's plenty of other brilliant stuff besides, including the Ghent Six-Day and the cyclocross World Cup.
Jon Cannings, Rouleur's official Euro rep, took it upon himself to organise a ride with a rabble of cobble-lovers who all happened to be in Belgium last Sunday. From Ghent towards Oudenaarde, a group of ten, including Rapha Condor team mechanic Andy Verrall and RoadCycling UK's David Arthur, endured the most typical of wet and moody Belgian days. The final cobbled climb of the ride was the Molenberg, which features in the Tour of Flanders. Mr Cannings informs me he was first to the top of this nasty ascent.
© Kristof Ramon
Nice Winter Hat, shame about the coat.
View more of Kristof Ramon's pictures of the ride here.
Also, read David Arthur's write up of his trip to Belgium on his blog.
- 2 be clear that was @johnherety decision to not let @AaronBuggle start. Tour of Korea and Irish National Champs will be his next rendezvous
- Happy to report @AaronBuggle is as good looking as ever after 13 stitches in his chin. Sorry to report not letting him start tomorrow though
- @flammecast @AaronBuggle His Shrone is fine !!!
- Big thanks to all marshals,coms and medical staff on the @anpostras today. Great work despite the numerous demands on their services today.
- Just to let all his girl fans know @AaronBuggle is ok. He's in hospital and will need some surgery on a cut to his chin. Will update later.
- We've just added 13 new rides since the weekend to our Rapha #womens100 Find a Ride list. → http://t.co/ux8c1JCuQc
- The team also racing the Ras in Ireland this week. Currently Aaron Buggle is the team's top placed rider in 15th overall.
- Tour Series resumes tonight in Stoke on Trent. RCJ line up is House, Clancy, McCallum, English and Mellor.
- Arboretum → http://t.co/cJXOyDWnK0 #raphasurvey #sanfrancisco #sf #cycling
- There are still a few of these sweet Rapha + Raeburn jackets at the SF @raphacycleclub. http://t.co/C2d98yCRL0