We are showing you the European version of our site: would you prefer a different location?
River City Roller supported by Rapha, recently held Rolling Pitchers - part roller race, part barista challenge - in Brisbane, Australia. While Brisbane's finest baristas compared latte art, its cyclists raced head to head, over a simulated 500m. Competitors sprinted furiously, despite the summer heat, to match the lighting fast times set by the track riders during the past event, now infamous among the initiated.
A first-time-competitor emerged as a contender, especially as disaster struck the favorite, as the straps installed on one of the two bikes malfunctioned during the semi finals, moments before he crossed the virtual line. The new-comer, reviled as a touring bike rider, wins the day and the support of the crowd, while the favorite commanded respect with the fastest time of the day, posted during the quarter finals.
- Tour series update from Stoke up on the site http://t.co/aVdcnGnkOX
- RT @elstopbanana: Here's Kristian House @raphacondor at last night's @TourSeries picture by Sue Howlett Great racing! @SoTCityCouncil http:…
- RT @sticky_bottle: Meant to say, to be eligible for the @raphacondor team car compeition you have to be a stickybottle twitter follower!
- RT @sticky_bottle: OK folks; nice morning for it. To win a day in the Rapha Condor JLT team car on the Rás last stage, Sunday, just retweet…
- Third team overall for the Men in Black at Stoke last night in the @TourSeries
- 2 be clear that was @johnherety decision to not let @AaronBuggle start. Tour of Korea and Irish National Champs will be his next rendezvous
- Happy to report @AaronBuggle is as good looking as ever after 13 stitches in his chin. Sorry to report not letting him start tomorrow though
- @flammecast @AaronBuggle His Shrone is fine !!!
- Big thanks to all marshals,coms and medical staff on the @anpostras today. Great work despite the numerous demands on their services today.
- Just to let all his girl fans know @AaronBuggle is ok. He's in hospital and will need some surgery on a cut to his chin. Will update later.