[ locale string ]
We are showing you the Taiwanese version of our site: would you prefer a different location?
Roger Rivière started his career in the velodrome. In 1955 he beat Jacques Anquetil in the national pursuit championship at the Parc des Princes. Two years later, after winning the world pursuit title, he turned pro for St. Raphaël, riding with the likes of Anquetil and Rudi Altig. He won the world pursuit championship again in 1958 and became the first rider to exceed 47kmh on the track.
In the 1960 Tour, Rivière was set to take the yellow jersey on a stage to Avignon when he flew off the road on a descent, breaking his back. He blamed the team mechanic and faulty brakes yet Palfium, a morphine like substance, was found in his jersey pockets. He was 24 years old. The man from St. Etienne won five Tour stages, three world pursuit titles and set the world hour record twice before his career was tragically cut short.
- The #raphaprestige story is up. Film by @WEREHAUS, photos from Brian Vernor & story by @krasniakjulie ::http://t.co/YtCARBlXee
- Clancy takes the win in the Tour series in Aberystwyth.
- @alainrumpf sorry for late reply. Comprehensive site is http://t.co/gBvpR134lP. As Udo Bölts once said, 'quäl' dich, du Sau!' Enjoy!
- On Friday May 31st, Rapha will be hosting a ride from Rapperswil-Jona on the banks of Lake Zurich. More info to follow next week on rapha.cc
- Boss. Norwegian national champion's replica jersey and bib shorts now at rapha.cc. http://t.co/fpyjc3PeiM
- As the #Giro begins to climax, @herbiesykes looks at one of its long-established traditions—the one-stage wonder. → http://t.co/mydWSIHSrT
- @clotho_nor Hi Christopher, please email email@example.com and we’ll see what we can do. Thanks.
- The Tour Series continues tonight in Aberystwyth. Last year Kristian House took his second win of the series there.
- UK: We are hosting a @letapedutour evening on 14th June in London to provide detailed advice on what to expect. → http://t.co/2gP5KRi8fX
- Churchill → http://t.co/5yhkiupJAH #raphasurvey #wayfaring #cycling