Diese Seite wurde noch nicht in die gewünschte Sprache übersetzt.
We are showing you the German version of our site: would you prefer a different location?
Sie befinden sich in der deutschen Version unserer Webseite: Möchten Sie eine andere Sprache auswählen?
Riding with Ryan
Each and every day for the past few weeks in Portland we have experienced a strange bout of weather. The days start out cool and rather grey, but by the afternoon the sun has burned everything away and is bright as all get out. This makes for interesting clothing choices as the arms and gilet have suddenly come back into fashion.
Last Friday, these were the questions that were being thrown around the office as we prepped for the ride up Logie Trail. The climb, just a few miles out of Portland is one that we generally shy away from because of the distance + incline relation to the rest of the climbs in the area. That being said, the climb is one of the local favorites simply because the top sections that we imagine to be Euro climbs.
Ira Ryan set a quick pace up Logie, as he is wont to do. The only trouble here was that we had the man who was most recently chasing after the Cascade Classic Climbers Jersey - Kona Professional Cyclocross Racer Ryan Trebon - in the chase group. It is really amazing to see the differences between recreational (albeit extremely fit and competitive) amateurs and the people who do this for a living.
"What happened to your little friend?" Trebon mentioned with a laugh as we continued upwards. "Try being a framebuilder!" was the jocular response from a rearward bound Ira. The funny thing was that everyone was a bit small next to one of the two part team of Kona riders that, over the past few years have earned the nickname The Twin Towers.
That was it for the big hills, but there was more than enough attacking as the group aimed itself for Portland (with Ryan Thomson giving it a go this time up Springville just to make it hurt some more.) Then it was all fun and games as Trebon regaled us with stories of riding in the mud, racing against our pal Timmy Johnson, and more importantly how much fun it is to ride Cyclocross. As we sat around, we were spotted by Amanda of BackYard Blam. Thanks to everyone for a great ride, and to Mr. Trebon for gracing us with his huge shadow.
- RT @michaeltabtabai: @rapharacing #oneoftheseplease Custom Carter handmade chefs knife made here in Oregon by Mastersmith Murray Carter htt…
- @Johnlovesbikes they are in transit and should be here later this week. Thanks for checking in, sorry for the delay.
- RT @tubbytrotter: Yay! I've just won the stunning @rapharacing Womens softshell in the brilliant #AlpedQuiz bring on the winter weather htt…
- Still stuck for gift ideas for someone? Scan their Twitter/Instagram feeds for #oneoftheseplease. → http://t.co/qVKiV4q8mQ
- @xuano_4 Yes it is open to anyone.
- Make sure you enter Alpe d'Quiz today. One lucky winner will receive a pair of Rapha GT Shoes. → http://t.co/3n8XlqiNYq #oneoftheseplease
- Congratulations to the weekend's Alpe d'Quiz winners Joanne Rushton, @tubbytrotter, @jeanztweet. Today's prize draw → http://t.co/3n8XlqiNYq
- Make sure you enter Alpe d'Quiz today. One lucky winner will receive a pair of the finest Rapha Grand Tour Shoes. → http://t.co/3n8XlqiNYq
- RT @rapharacing: A Rapha travel set is up for grabs in Alpe D'Quiz today, featuring a luxurious Rapha Skincare bundle and Wash Bag. → http:…
- Somewhat late to the party, but be sure to check out the film to the recent Gentlemen's Race in… http://t.co/RMZUDuxWRc