We are showing you the US version of our site: would you prefer a different location?
Daniel Rebour was a French illustrator of the post war era. During the 1940s, 50s and 60s Rebour created precise line drawings for catalogues and magazines documenting the innovations, intricacies and curiosities of bicycles and their components. His exquisitely detailed and beautifully crafted illustrations show a love for the bicycle and its mechanical beauty and strike a fine balance between technical precision and artistic expression.
Many classic lightweights built by Cinelli, Gitane and Peugeot can be found within his work as well as a wealth of hubs, callipers, derailleurs and lugs. With his deft line work and distinctive signature, his drawings are an intimate and iconic portrayal of bikes and their working parts.
The French cyclo-touring magazine, Le Cycliste, published originals of his work between 1948 and 1951 and many of these can be seen here.
- U23 winner in 2012 what's in store for @RichHandley90 in the @anpostras http://t.co/xyZWX3NbtG
- Sunday morning race day, church car park scene. @anpostras #ras2013 http://t.co/2E1UlfAxhe
- Will all these numbers be able to wear the coveted t-shirt in one weeks time? #menoftheras #ras2013 http://t.co/ai1oqnDIyh
- Team about to start the @anpostras probably the Worlds friendliest race.
- RT @nedboulting: Kristian House's Grandad was a fantastic man. He told me about him once. Then I read this: http://t.co/ZCeYbm4sFU
- @DeanHardman @nedboulting @j_t_locke such a shame...
- @TeamSkyGirl @nedboulting @j_t_locke we've asked JTL to change his name.
- RT @Ed_Clancy: Watch @raphacondor team mate Kristian House take another win (and lap me in the process) around his favourite circuit to…
- RT @TourSeries: Catch-up with all of the #Durham #tourseries action on ITV4 tonight http://t.co/YE9zgNaZem
- Some helpful #womens100 tips from Australian pro @tiffanycromwell that you might find useful over on @gcntweet → http://t.co/ZqgODQ6Tz3