We are showing you the European version of our site: would you prefer a different location?
Daniel Rebour was a French illustrator of the post war era. During the 1940s, 50s and 60s Rebour created precise line drawings for catalogues and magazines documenting the innovations, intricacies and curiosities of bicycles and their components. His exquisitely detailed and beautifully crafted illustrations show a love for the bicycle and its mechanical beauty and strike a fine balance between technical precision and artistic expression.
Many classic lightweights built by Cinelli, Gitane and Peugeot can be found within his work as well as a wealth of hubs, callipers, derailleurs and lugs. With his deft line work and distinctive signature, his drawings are an intimate and iconic portrayal of bikes and their working parts.
The French cyclo-touring magazine, Le Cycliste, published originals of his work between 1948 and 1951 and many of these can be seen here.
- Last Night: http://t.co/K8ZACmUGGK
- The #raphaprestige story is up. Film by @WEREHAUS, photos from Brian Vernor & story by @krasniakjulie ::http://t.co/YtCARBlXee
- Clancy takes the win in the Tour series in Aberystwyth.
- @alainrumpf sorry for late reply. Comprehensive site is http://t.co/gBvpR134lP. As Udo Bölts once said, 'quäl' dich, du Sau!' Enjoy!
- On Friday May 31st, Rapha will be hosting a ride from Rapperswil-Jona on the banks of Lake Zurich. More info to follow next week on rapha.cc
- Boss. Norwegian national champion's replica jersey and bib shorts now at rapha.cc. http://t.co/fpyjc3PeiM
- As the #Giro begins to climax, @herbiesykes looks at one of its long-established traditions—the one-stage wonder. → http://t.co/mydWSIHSrT
- @clotho_nor Hi Christopher, please email email@example.com and we’ll see what we can do. Thanks.
- The Tour Series continues tonight in Aberystwyth. Last year Kristian House took his second win of the series there.
- UK: We are hosting a @letapedutour evening on 14th June in London to provide detailed advice on what to expect. → http://t.co/2gP5KRi8fX