We are showing you the UK version of our site: would you prefer a different location?
Rapha Roller Race: Melbourne
WORDS: Wade Wallace | PHOTOS: Matt Myers
Last Thursday evening Rapha and Northside Wheelers introduced the new women's clothing range to Melbourne.
We teamed up with Wattbike to add some excitement and let the women's competitive spirit run loose. 21st century roller racing was held over a virtual distance of 500m. Just long enough to make it hurt, short enough to fit in-between cocktails and pizza.
Bike #1 was ridden by the roadies, Bike #2 by the fixies. The competition was fierce and in the end the roadies prevailed by less than half a second.
We're truly grateful to Route66 for the use of their wonderful venue, Wattbike for helping make it such a fun event, and of course everyone showing up to view the new Women's range.
Photo courtesy of Andrew Blake
- Boss. Norwegian national champion's replica jersey and bib shorts now at rapha.cc. http://t.co/fpyjc3PeiM
- As the #Giro begins to climax, @herbiesykes looks at one of its long-established traditions—the one-stage wonder. → http://t.co/mydWSIHSrT
- @clotho_nor Hi Christopher, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll see what we can do. Thanks.
- The Tour Series continues tonight in Aberystwyth. Last year Kristian House took his second win of the series there.
- UK: We are hosting a @letapedutour evening on 14th June in London to provide detailed advice on what to expect. → http://t.co/2gP5KRi8fX
- Churchill → http://t.co/5yhkiupJAH #raphasurvey #wayfaring #cycling
- No change overall at the Ras today, Rich Handley remains in 5th, and Mike Cuming stills leads KOM
- RT @anpostras: Provisional GC after Stage 5: Bialoblocki, McConvey, Guldhammer <all @st, Handley & Pelletier-Roy @24secs, Fodor @46secs, Hu…
- RT @anpostras: Mike Cuming (Rapha Condor JLT) Will wear Mountains Jersey again, after Stage 5 #Ras2013
- RT @NickLathamPhoto: @raphacondor Photos of Kristian House winning Durham stage in a blog post at http://t.co/wHX8d0mlQc #tourseries Pls R…