We are showing you the Global version of our site: would you prefer a different location?
Rapha Roller Race: Melbourne
WORDS: Wade Wallace | PHOTOS: Matt Myers
Last Thursday evening Rapha and Northside Wheelers introduced the new women's clothing range to Melbourne.
We teamed up with Wattbike to add some excitement and let the women's competitive spirit run loose. 21st century roller racing was held over a virtual distance of 500m. Just long enough to make it hurt, short enough to fit in-between cocktails and pizza.
Bike #1 was ridden by the roadies, Bike #2 by the fixies. The competition was fierce and in the end the roadies prevailed by less than half a second.
We're truly grateful to Route66 for the use of their wonderful venue, Wattbike for helping make it such a fun event, and of course everyone showing up to view the new Women's range.
Photo courtesy of Andrew Blake
- How good is this shot ! “@TourdeKorea2013: @mike_cuming looking good in yellow! #TdK2013 @johnherety @raphacondor http://t.co/CrCV1zkCUB”
- RT @TourdeKorea2013: @mike_cuming looking good in yellow! #TdK2013 @johnherety @raphacondor http://t.co/oCjdyhvSue
- Reality check we also lost teammates @AaronBuggle and @carthy94 today. Going to be tough to defend.
- @mike_cuming in yellow with just over a minutes lead going into the final 2 stages of @TourdeKorea2013 couldn't of happened to a nicer guy
- RT @TourdeKorea2013: 25km to go in Stage 6. @mike_cuming is the virtual leader for @raphacondor. #TdK2013
- RT @TourdeKorea2013: 102 riders will sign on today after eight were dropped by their teams in the TTT and failed to make the time cut. #TdK…
- RT @London_phill: @raphacondor @MiBsponsor @james_fairbank_ Rapha team in Tour De Korea 2013 TTT http://t.co/SW09x70Zs0
- RT @182Jay: @raphacondor please share my @JustGiving page @thomwilson88, @DavidMetherell1 and I are fundraising for @MyelomaUK http://t.co…
- Great ride by the boys in Korea. 3rd by only 3 seconds in the 25km TTT today. Mike Cuming now up to 5th overall.
- Some nice pics of the boys and report on the great Mr Cancy's ride last night: http://t.co/ctoHu37ixb