We are showing you the Norwegian version of our site: would you prefer a different location?
Rapha Roller Race: Melbourne
WORDS: Wade Wallace | PHOTOS: Matt Myers
Last Thursday evening Rapha and Northside Wheelers introduced the new women's clothing range to Melbourne.
We teamed up with Wattbike to add some excitement and let the women's competitive spirit run loose. 21st century roller racing was held over a virtual distance of 500m. Just long enough to make it hurt, short enough to fit in-between cocktails and pizza.
Bike #1 was ridden by the roadies, Bike #2 by the fixies. The competition was fierce and in the end the roadies prevailed by less than half a second.
We're truly grateful to Route66 for the use of their wonderful venue, Wattbike for helping make it such a fun event, and of course everyone showing up to view the new Women's range.
Photo courtesy of Andrew Blake
- Arboretum → http://t.co/cJXOyDWnK0 #raphasurvey #sanfrancisco #sf #cycling
- There are still a few of these sweet Rapha + Raeburn jackets at the SF @raphacycleclub. http://t.co/C2d98yCRL0
- The hills above. #raphasurvey http://t.co/jlIkXowxyT
- U23 winner in 2012 what's in store for @RichHandley90 in the @anpostras http://t.co/xyZWX3NbtG
- Sunday morning race day, church car park scene. @anpostras #ras2013 http://t.co/2E1UlfAxhe
- Will all these numbers be able to wear the coveted t-shirt in one weeks time? #menoftheras #ras2013 http://t.co/ai1oqnDIyh
- Team about to start the @anpostras probably the Worlds friendliest race.
- RT @nedboulting: Kristian House's Grandad was a fantastic man. He told me about him once. Then I read this: http://t.co/ZCeYbm4sFU
- @DeanHardman @nedboulting @j_t_locke such a shame...
- @TeamSkyGirl @nedboulting @j_t_locke we've asked JTL to change his name.