[ locale string ]
Rapha Roller Race: Melbourne
WORDS: Wade Wallace | PHOTOS: Matt Myers
Last Thursday evening Rapha and Northside Wheelers introduced the new women's clothing range to Melbourne.
We teamed up with Wattbike to add some excitement and let the women's competitive spirit run loose. 21st century roller racing was held over a virtual distance of 500m. Just long enough to make it hurt, short enough to fit in-between cocktails and pizza.
Bike #1 was ridden by the roadies, Bike #2 by the fixies. The competition was fierce and in the end the roadies prevailed by less than half a second.
We're truly grateful to Route66 for the use of their wonderful venue, Wattbike for helping make it such a fun event, and of course everyone showing up to view the new Women's range.
Photo courtesy of Andrew Blake
- @brettrothmeyer nice cap drawing by the way!
- @Jack_Sadler @raphacondor We’re honoured to have you riding for us Jack.
- RT @dean0downing: I had 6 great seasons with the @raphacondor team, thanks to all at @rapharacing for the support through out. http://t.co/…
- @dean0downing @raphacondor Thank you Dean, it’s been an incredible journey.
- Eeny meeny miny moe. Aka Sean, Freddy, Roger and Francesco. If like me you can't decide which one of… http://t.co/o5b8KuTdCX
- Buying for the obsessive cyclist can be an impossible task. The kit has to be right, but what do you choose? → http://t.co/78RaFQ810G
- RT @raphacondor: 2014 will be the last year that Rapha will be part of @raphacondor JLT, concluding 9 fantastic years as co-owners. → http:…
- RT @rapha_australia: It's time for #alpedquiz question two. "WHERE DID RICHIE PORTE FINISH ON STAGE 18 OF THE 2013 TOUR?" Answer at http://…
- The #oneoftheseplease wk 3 includes some outdoor products from the likes of @polerstuff - Kletterwerks - and Filson: http://t.co/SG3aSEcjxN
- 2014 will be the last year that Rapha will be part of @raphacondor JLT, concluding 9 fantastic years as co-owners. → http://t.co/11e5ZxOdoC