Diese Seite wurde noch nicht in die gewünschte Sprache übersetzt.
We are showing you the German version of our site: would you prefer a different location?
Sie befinden sich in der deutschen Version unserer Webseite: Möchten Sie eine andere Sprache auswählen?
Rapha Rising Winners
10446 riders took part in Rapha Rising: Circle of Death. That’s over 98 times the amount of finishers of the 2012 Tour de France. 33,430,782 metres were amassed, which is the equivalent to scaling the Col du Tourmalet 15, 814 times. Ouch.
As you can see, all the top ten riders went above and beyond (literally) making light work of the required total. I’m not sure whether the folks here amassed these totals in the vicinity of their hometowns but they are all clearly benefitting from riding where the roads rise up. Incredible.
Here’s the top ten:
|Pos.||Name||Location||No. of Rides||Height Gain|
|1||Robin S.||Lynton, Devon, United Kingdom||11||33,816|
|2||Brian T.||Hoover, AL||12||32,280|
|3||Rick S.||Carlsbad, CA||11||28,305|
|4||David B.||San Marcos, CA||11||27,795|
|5||Stoli dave H,||9||26,186|
|6||André J.||Oslo, Oslo, Norway||24||25,547|
|7||Carlo G.||Merate, Lombardia, Italia||5||24,876|
|8||Jim S.||Whittier, CA||11||24,399|
|9||Jim A.||Carlsbad, CA||17||24,238|
|10||Steve W.||Santa Barbara, CA||13||24,115|
The unstoppable Robin S. came in at the top of the men's leaderboard [There is a 30% hill in Lynton -Ed.], ascending nearly five times the elevation goal. Linda K. dominated the women's leaderboard, nearly tripling the elevation goal. Climbing machines Brian T. and Deya G. were the winners of the July 18th challenge for most elevation in a single day (over 38,000 feet and 21,000 feet, respectively!)
All of the riders that completed the challenge will receive a Rapha Rising roundel celebrating their achievement. Please supply your details below and you will automatically be entered into a prize draw to win a limited edition Trek Madone 6.9.
King of the Mountains Prize:
The additional challenge to see who could climb the most metres on Wednesday 18th July, the date of the Queen Stage of this year’s Tour de France, wins a Rapha Race Bag containing a Rapha Circle of Death Jersey, Classic Bib Shorts and a pair of Grand Tour Shoes.
Register for a roundel:
- RT @rapha_australia: The first #alpedquiz question has been asked. "FAUSTO COPPI WAS THE FIRST MAN TO DO WHAT?" Answer at http://t.co/EnOFN…
- RT @rapha_n_america: Up Close: The Rapha x Raeburn Fall-Winter Collection via @selectism :: http://t.co/O27Eo9pQGK
- What do you get the cyclist who has everything? Here's what we recommend for the dandy in your life. → http://t.co/ciPREr3fnP
- RT @racefietsblog: Leuk, de Alpe d' Quiz van @RaphaRacing is begonnen! 3 weken elke dag een andere prijs http://t.co/QiWhfY8hXy @rapha_euro…
- The @rapharacing #festive500 is back. Once again we challenge riders worldwide to clock 500km between 24-31 Dec. → http://t.co/HmgDlUJTiI
- RT @RaphaCycleClub: NYC: Analog to digital conversion. #oneoftheseplease #Festive500 http://t.co/f2rQd3Lv6g
- RT @roadcc: Rapha Alpe d’Quiz starts today with prizes to be won @rapharacing #cycling | road.cc http://t.co/tTdEEWjf8k
- RT @RaphaCycleClub: LDN: great to have @DanMartin86 as guest barista in the club this afternoon. http://t.co/IeCC0HKuKr
- Part Two from @RigoZimmerman's series, ‘The Winter’ is now available to read → http://t.co/GIl5Kj9Sfy • Part One → http://t.co/8IclbHCHcc
- As teased at the weekend, Rapha is pleased to welcome the return of Alpe d’Quiz, three weeks of… http://t.co/od3pWXomm9