[ locale string ]
Rapha Rising Winners
10446 riders took part in Rapha Rising: Circle of Death. That’s over 98 times the amount of finishers of the 2012 Tour de France. 33,430,782 metres were amassed, which is the equivalent to scaling the Col du Tourmalet 15, 814 times. Ouch.
As you can see, all the top ten riders went above and beyond (literally) making light work of the required total. I’m not sure whether the folks here amassed these totals in the vicinity of their hometowns but they are all clearly benefitting from riding where the roads rise up. Incredible.
Here’s the top ten:
|Pos.||Name||Location||No. of Rides||Height Gain|
|1||Robin S.||Lynton, Devon, United Kingdom||11||33,816|
|2||Brian T.||Hoover, AL||12||32,280|
|3||Rick S.||Carlsbad, CA||11||28,305|
|4||David B.||San Marcos, CA||11||27,795|
|5||Stoli dave H,||9||26,186|
|6||André J.||Oslo, Oslo, Norway||24||25,547|
|7||Carlo G.||Merate, Lombardia, Italia||5||24,876|
|8||Jim S.||Whittier, CA||11||24,399|
|9||Jim A.||Carlsbad, CA||17||24,238|
|10||Steve W.||Santa Barbara, CA||13||24,115|
The unstoppable Robin S. came in at the top of the men's leaderboard [There is a 30% hill in Lynton -Ed.], ascending nearly five times the elevation goal. Linda K. dominated the women's leaderboard, nearly tripling the elevation goal. Climbing machines Brian T. and Deya G. were the winners of the July 18th challenge for most elevation in a single day (over 38,000 feet and 21,000 feet, respectively!)
All of the riders that completed the challenge will receive a Rapha Rising roundel celebrating their achievement. Please supply your details below and you will automatically be entered into a prize draw to win a limited edition Trek Madone 6.9.
King of the Mountains Prize:
The additional challenge to see who could climb the most metres on Wednesday 18th July, the date of the Queen Stage of this year’s Tour de France, wins a Rapha Race Bag containing a Rapha Circle of Death Jersey, Classic Bib Shorts and a pair of Grand Tour Shoes.
Register for a roundel:
- 2014 will be the last year that Rapha will be part of @raphacondor JLT, concluding 9 fantastic years as co-owners. → http://t.co/11e5ZxOdoC
- 2014 will be the last year that Rapha will be part of @raphacondor JLT, concluding 9 fantastic years as co-owners. → http://t.co/TfWWoTG1ge
- RT @CondorWarehouse: @raphacondor JLT 2014 pedals will be @SpeedplayPedals Stainless White :-) http://t.co/S4oOK2gx8t
- RT @CondorWarehouse: A massive shout out to @SpeedplayPedals just received our pedals for @raphacondor JLT 2014 bikes. Thanks guys http://t…
- Congratulations to yesterday’s Alpe d'Quiz winner Darren Edwards who receives a Rapha Backpack. Today's prize draw → http://t.co/h4frOXDYma
- @vickiewoodsford @tobytoof @daithetooth @WhittleFit Thanks Vickie, very kind of you to say.
- @daithetooth Thank you Dai.
- @rich_mitch @RaphaCycleClub You're welcome.
- @rich_mitch Hey Rich, you're probably best to head to our @RaphaCycleClub in London to try them on with advice some our knowledgable staff.
- RT @rapha_australia: The first #alpedquiz question has been asked. "FAUSTO COPPI WAS THE FIRST MAN TO DO WHAT?" Answer at http://t.co/EnOFN…