We are showing you the Australian version of our site: would you prefer a different location?
Rapha Rising Winners
10446 riders took part in Rapha Rising: Circle of Death. That’s over 98 times the amount of finishers of the 2012 Tour de France. 33,430,782 metres were amassed, which is the equivalent to scaling the Col du Tourmalet 15, 814 times. Ouch.
As you can see, all the top ten riders went above and beyond (literally) making light work of the required total. I’m not sure whether the folks here amassed these totals in the vicinity of their hometowns but they are all clearly benefitting from riding where the roads rise up. Incredible.
Here’s the top ten:
|Pos.||Name||Location||No. of Rides||Height Gain|
|1||Robin S.||Lynton, Devon, United Kingdom||11||33,816|
|2||Brian T.||Hoover, AL||12||32,280|
|3||Rick S.||Carlsbad, CA||11||28,305|
|4||David B.||San Marcos, CA||11||27,795|
|5||Stoli dave H,||9||26,186|
|6||André J.||Oslo, Oslo, Norway||24||25,547|
|7||Carlo G.||Merate, Lombardia, Italia||5||24,876|
|8||Jim S.||Whittier, CA||11||24,399|
|9||Jim A.||Carlsbad, CA||17||24,238|
|10||Steve W.||Santa Barbara, CA||13||24,115|
The unstoppable Robin S. came in at the top of the men's leaderboard [There is a 30% hill in Lynton -Ed.], ascending nearly five times the elevation goal. Linda K. dominated the women's leaderboard, nearly tripling the elevation goal. Climbing machines Brian T. and Deya G. were the winners of the July 18th challenge for most elevation in a single day (over 38,000 feet and 21,000 feet, respectively!)
All of the riders that completed the challenge will receive a Rapha Rising roundel celebrating their achievement. Please supply your details below and you will automatically be entered into a prize draw to win a limited edition Trek Madone 6.9.
King of the Mountains Prize:
The additional challenge to see who could climb the most metres on Wednesday 18th July, the date of the Queen Stage of this year’s Tour de France, wins a Rapha Race Bag containing a Rapha Circle of Death Jersey, Classic Bib Shorts and a pair of Grand Tour Shoes.
Register for a roundel:
- Team about to start the @anpostras probably the Worlds friendliest race.
- RT @nedboulting: Kristian House's Grandad was a fantastic man. He told me about him once. Then I read this: http://t.co/ZCeYbm4sFU
- @DeanHardman @nedboulting @j_t_locke such a shame...
- @TeamSkyGirl @nedboulting @j_t_locke we've asked JTL to change his name.
- RT @Ed_Clancy: Watch @raphacondor team mate Kristian House take another win (and lap me in the process) around his favourite circuit to…
- RT @TourSeries: Catch-up with all of the #Durham #tourseries action on ITV4 tonight http://t.co/YE9zgNaZem
- Some helpful #womens100 tips from Australian pro @tiffanycromwell that you might find useful over on @gcntweet → http://t.co/ZqgODQ6Tz3
- New Media, New Myths: @TrueBS writes for our blog about the building of legends at the @AmgenTourofCali → http://t.co/SEEBqxorZh #AToC
- Starting this Sunday, the Irish tour @anpostras is being raced by @raphacondor JLT and our very own Ultan Coyle. → http://t.co/gJmiGGr2zy
- Atoc photographers come in all shapes and sizes. Like this one @johnprolly. #atoc http://t.co/yWV0121rRB