We are showing you the Canadian version of our site: would you prefer a different location?
Rapha Rising: The Winners
It’s taken us a while but below are the top five "risers" who managed to complete our Rapha Rising challenge we set at the beginning of the Tour de France. The task was to climb the same amount of elevation, 21,125m, totalled in the six high mountain stages of Le Tour.
Everyone who took part will receive one of the fetching badges pictured. Just make sure you’re registered at Rapha.cc with your email and address, have liked our Facebook page and posted evidence of your efforts either on Facebook or with Strava.
1st place – It has to be Brian Toone. Whilst Brian didn’t exactly document his climbing like some (he was pretty busy riding it seems), the man did amount 42,848 metres of elevation, topping the Strava league table. He can now climb in style, winning a Galibier Jersey and plenty of kudos for that effort.
2nd place – Is Lisa Rogers aka Green Sunn Rider for showing us what commitment to climbing is, documenting so prolifically her efforts in Scotland through our Facebook page and personal blog. She too wins a Galibier Jersey.
4th place – Mr. Dirk Maertins. He documented things from the start and kept it rolling nicely. His prize is a copy of Great Road Climbs of the Southern Alps
Congratulations once again to all that took part, it's been a great summer of climbing and riding.
- Mr. McDonald's tire choice for today's snowy conditions. Can you guess his PSI? http://t.co/2iHgOw6sUw
- They reopened the ice covered fly-over here in Bend. http://t.co/6xOs5BSd0W
- River City Bicycles racer Ryan (Dream) Weaver 2_wicked_awesome powered his way to a chilly 2nd in the… http://t.co/HDDjDnS99w
- Meanwhile over in Bend, Oregon it is a bright, crisp day for cyclocross racing. http://t.co/6lcDQK5UNX
- If you're in Scottsdale, Arizona, make sure to stop by the beautiful new @bicyclehaus shop. 2 - 7pm. http://t.co/gsWtf6fa45
- Win today's Alpe D'Quiz prize: a Men's or Women's Classic Softshell. ‘A thing of beauty,’ according to The Times. → http://t.co/3n8XlqiNYq
- @tribryan Hi Bryan, that’s a discontinued Irish Country Jersey which is no longer in production, sorry to disappoint.
- @vickiewoodsford @richardhier @daithetooth Thanks Vickie, glad we were able to help too.
- @ServiceCourse @richardhier @daithetooth You’re all too kind, thank you.
- @richardhier Thanks Richard, have a good weekend. Will pass on your thanks to Peter.