We are showing you the US version of our site: would you prefer a different location?
Rapha Rising: Let's get high
Rapha Rising is now well under way and it looks like a large host of riders around the world are ascending to the challenge of amassing 21,125 climbing metres before the end of the Tour.
Remember, you still have the whole of the Tour de France to clock up those metres, so if you haven’t started yet, get climbing and post your progress on our Facebook wall. Also, if you are Garmin-equipped you can sign up to the official Strava league to compete with your fellow climbers.
Andy van Bergen:
"Despite two evenings of wintery rain still managed to get in some good hill repeats before and after work. 531m yesterday and 927m today means 6,500m in the bag.."
Geof Simons (pictured) on the the BFL 400K in the North Carolina mountains.
"Ermm….464m in 34km….looks like I've got a lot to do. I did find out a couple of things…
1) I'm no climber not a descender.
2) 3pm on a hot summer Sunday afternoon in Japan is not conducive to climbing.
3) Synthetic 1/4 zip jerseys are useless for going up and down hills-as if you didn't know! Lightweight Jersey next time.
4) Pro Team Mitts were ideal.
5) 21,125m will be brutally tough."
"Its on like Donkey Kong. Tomorrow we'll hit up the Tour of Colorado Golden stage."
"1524 m of climbing this morning (wearing Rapha shorts, of course!) over a 106 km ride"
Dirk Maertins (pictured):
"The first step is done. My Rapha Rising prologue was a club ride with 1,719m of climbing, including Freiburgs backyard mountain - the Schauinsland."
Green Sunn Rider:
"1050 after work - up and down just 2 hills. Stairs difficult to negotiate this morning!"
"Elevation so far:
7/2/11 - 9,892
"Urrggh.. My knees!"
- @tribryan Hi Bryan, that’s a discontinued Irish Country Jersey which is no longer in production, sorry to disappoint.
- @vickiewoodsford @richardhier @daithetooth Thanks Vickie, glad we were able to help too.
- @ServiceCourse @richardhier @daithetooth You’re all too kind, thank you.
- @richardhier Thanks Richard, have a good weekend. Will pass on your thanks to Peter.
- Stylish, creative, sharp? We all know a sartorial city rider that can be tricky to buy for. See our guide for hints → http://t.co/dul9phwMoX
- Who's excited for snowy racing #inbend this weekend? We brought tshirts and coffee for the weekend.… http://t.co/aYYPjQEXTG
- @playa_mansa Sorry, somehow missed this. Our backpack is great for general use. Most of us here use it both on and off the bike.
- @TheRaceRadio A man experienced in sheep aerodynamics, perhaps. → http://t.co/4ysrDy5bie
- The most recent Rapha Gentlemen’s Race took place in Adelaide with 18 teams lining up for the rolling 160km route. → http://t.co/ZQ3Dzz0NEX
- @andersmagnus Hi Anders, there’s been a delay unfortunately, but thanks for being patient. It will be out as soon as possible.