We are showing you the Global version of our site: would you prefer a different location?
Rapha Rising: Hall of Pain
The Tour is well and truly over and so, too is our Rapha Rising competition, challenging riders worldwide to accumulate 21,125 metres of climbing, equalling the same total as the six high mountain stages of this year's captivating TdF. Some succeeded, others failed. Here are a few of the highlights. [Also, check out the Strava league for some eye-watering ascension stats]. Hats off.
Bernd Straehle: "Completed Rapha Rising challenge with 89,373 feet (27,241 meters or metres) of climbing." and Bjarte Bjørgen Olsen
Dan Mather and Mark Perez
"So a total of 22875 m climbing over 1000 km in 9 days. Off to eat cakes and catch up on the Tour…"
Craig Harding (again) and Iain Mackie
"I started late, but have managed 17,000 meters in 7 days..Ciao! I shall make the remainder of Kms before I leave back home Monday to the flatlands of Belgium. Oh how I love the mountains!"
"Bugger…sorry could only make 24,000…feet! Not bad however for London and few sportives. I need a couple of mountains to appear overnight…would keeping the GPS logged in whilst taking a lift work?"
Michel Mesut Personal
"I'm up for the challenge. I am trying to do some math now. I live in Miami and the only "climb" we have is the Key Biscayne Bridge. A 400 meter bridge with a 6% elevation.. Can someone help me do the math.. How many times do I need to go up that bridge?"
You can see more on our Facebook page
- Win today's Alpe D'Quiz prize: a Men's or Women's Classic Softshell. ‘A thing of beauty,’ according to The Times. → http://t.co/3n8XlqiNYq
- @tribryan Hi Bryan, that’s a discontinued Irish Country Jersey which is no longer in production, sorry to disappoint.
- @vickiewoodsford @richardhier @daithetooth Thanks Vickie, glad we were able to help too.
- @ServiceCourse @richardhier @daithetooth You’re all too kind, thank you.
- @richardhier Thanks Richard, have a good weekend. Will pass on your thanks to Peter.
- Stylish, creative, sharp? We all know a sartorial city rider that can be tricky to buy for. See our guide for hints → http://t.co/dul9phwMoX
- Who's excited for snowy racing #inbend this weekend? We brought tshirts and coffee for the weekend.… http://t.co/aYYPjQEXTG
- @playa_mansa Sorry, somehow missed this. Our backpack is great for general use. Most of us here use it both on and off the bike.
- @TheRaceRadio A man experienced in sheep aerodynamics, perhaps. → http://t.co/4ysrDy5bie
- The most recent Rapha Gentlemen’s Race took place in Adelaide with 18 teams lining up for the rolling 160km route. → http://t.co/ZQ3Dzz0NEX