We are showing you the Australian version of our site: would you prefer a different location?
Rapha Rising: Hall of Pain
The Tour is well and truly over and so, too is our Rapha Rising competition, challenging riders worldwide to accumulate 21,125 metres of climbing, equalling the same total as the six high mountain stages of this year's captivating TdF. Some succeeded, others failed. Here are a few of the highlights. [Also, check out the Strava league for some eye-watering ascension stats]. Hats off.
Bernd Straehle: "Completed Rapha Rising challenge with 89,373 feet (27,241 meters or metres) of climbing." and Bjarte Bjørgen Olsen
Dan Mather and Mark Perez
"So a total of 22875 m climbing over 1000 km in 9 days. Off to eat cakes and catch up on the Tour…"
Craig Harding (again) and Iain Mackie
"I started late, but have managed 17,000 meters in 7 days..Ciao! I shall make the remainder of Kms before I leave back home Monday to the flatlands of Belgium. Oh how I love the mountains!"
"Bugger…sorry could only make 24,000…feet! Not bad however for London and few sportives. I need a couple of mountains to appear overnight…would keeping the GPS logged in whilst taking a lift work?"
Michel Mesut Personal
"I'm up for the challenge. I am trying to do some math now. I live in Miami and the only "climb" we have is the Key Biscayne Bridge. A 400 meter bridge with a 6% elevation.. Can someone help me do the math.. How many times do I need to go up that bridge?"
You can see more on our Facebook page
- RT @dean0downing: I had 6 great seasons with the @raphacondor team, thanks to all at @rapharacing for the support through out. http://t.co/…
- @dean0downing @raphacondor Thank you Dean, it’s been an incredible journey.
- Eeny meeny miny moe. Aka Sean, Freddy, Roger and Francesco. If like me you can't decide which one of… http://t.co/o5b8KuTdCX
- Buying for the obsessive cyclist can be an impossible task. The kit has to be right, but what do you choose? → http://t.co/78RaFQ810G
- RT @raphacondor: 2014 will be the last year that Rapha will be part of @raphacondor JLT, concluding 9 fantastic years as co-owners. → http:…
- RT @rapha_australia: It's time for #alpedquiz question two. "WHERE DID RICHIE PORTE FINISH ON STAGE 18 OF THE 2013 TOUR?" Answer at http://…
- The #oneoftheseplease wk 3 includes some outdoor products from the likes of @polerstuff - Kletterwerks - and Filson: http://t.co/SG3aSEcjxN
- 2014 will be the last year that Rapha will be part of @raphacondor JLT, concluding 9 fantastic years as co-owners. → http://t.co/11e5ZxOdoC
- 2014 will be the last year that Rapha will be part of @raphacondor JLT, concluding 9 fantastic years as co-owners. → http://t.co/TfWWoTG1ge
- RT @CondorWarehouse: @raphacondor JLT 2014 pedals will be @SpeedplayPedals Stainless White :-) http://t.co/S4oOK2gx8t