We are showing you the US version of our site: would you prefer a different location?
Rapha Rising: Hall of Pain
The Tour is well and truly over and so, too is our Rapha Rising competition, challenging riders worldwide to accumulate 21,125 metres of climbing, equalling the same total as the six high mountain stages of this year's captivating TdF. Some succeeded, others failed. Here are a few of the highlights. [Also, check out the Strava league for some eye-watering ascension stats]. Hats off.
Bernd Straehle: "Completed Rapha Rising challenge with 89,373 feet (27,241 meters or metres) of climbing." and Bjarte Bjørgen Olsen
Dan Mather and Mark Perez
"So a total of 22875 m climbing over 1000 km in 9 days. Off to eat cakes and catch up on the Tour…"
Craig Harding (again) and Iain Mackie
"I started late, but have managed 17,000 meters in 7 days..Ciao! I shall make the remainder of Kms before I leave back home Monday to the flatlands of Belgium. Oh how I love the mountains!"
"Bugger…sorry could only make 24,000…feet! Not bad however for London and few sportives. I need a couple of mountains to appear overnight…would keeping the GPS logged in whilst taking a lift work?"
Michel Mesut Personal
"I'm up for the challenge. I am trying to do some math now. I live in Miami and the only "climb" we have is the Key Biscayne Bridge. A 400 meter bridge with a 6% elevation.. Can someone help me do the math.. How many times do I need to go up that bridge?"
You can see more on our Facebook page
- As the #Giro begins to climax, @herbiesykes looks at one of its long-established traditions—the one-stage wonder. → http://t.co/mydWSIHSrT
- @clotho_nor Hi Christopher, please email email@example.com and we’ll see what we can do. Thanks.
- The Tour Series continues tonight in Aberystwyth. Last year Kristian House took his second win of the series there.
- UK: We are hosting a @letapedutour evening on 14th June in London to provide detailed advice on what to expect. → http://t.co/2gP5KRi8fX
- Churchill → http://t.co/5yhkiupJAH #raphasurvey #wayfaring #cycling
- No change overall at the Ras today, Rich Handley remains in 5th, and Mike Cuming stills leads KOM
- RT @anpostras: Provisional GC after Stage 5: Bialoblocki, McConvey, Guldhammer <all @st, Handley & Pelletier-Roy @24secs, Fodor @46secs, Hu…
- RT @anpostras: Mike Cuming (Rapha Condor JLT) Will wear Mountains Jersey again, after Stage 5 #Ras2013
- RT @NickLathamPhoto: @raphacondor Photos of Kristian House winning Durham stage in a blog post at http://t.co/wHX8d0mlQc #tourseries Pls R…
- RT @IonaNiDhalaigh: Yahhh mountain jersey in the bag!!! Nice one @mike_cuming!!! @raphacondor http://t.co/GrGqSL0Kgl