We are showing you the Norwegian version of our site: would you prefer a different location?
Rapha Rising 2013
Rapha and Strava are proud to announce Rapha Rising 2013. For this summer’s challenge, we are inviting riders around the world to scale the combined height of some legendary European climbs. In the week which starts on Bastille Day (14th-21st July), Rapha is challenging participating riders to climb the combined height, from sea level, of the Col de Peyresourde, Mont Ventoux and Col de Sarenne. The Peyresourde is one of the giants of the Pyrenees, while Mont Ventoux, the Giant of Provence, lies on the periphery of the Alps; together, they’ve been the sites of some of cycling most famous battles.
Of the Col de Sarenne, however, very little is known. At 1,999m high, the pro peloton will tackle it for the first time this summer, descending on a road resurfaced especially for the occasion. In the season’s biggest race, the pros will have to scale Alpe d’Huez twice, so this year’s Rapha Rising is also challenging riders to scale the equivalent of two Alpes, making a total climbing distance of 7,235m.
Col de Peyresourde: western approach
Mont Ventoux: tough at the top
- RT @rapharacing: A Rapha travel set is up for grabs in Alpe D'Quiz today, featuring a luxurious Rapha Skincare bundle and Wash Bag. → http:…
- Somewhat late to the party, but be sure to check out the film to the recent Gentlemen's Race in… http://t.co/RMZUDuxWRc
- A Rapha travel set is up for grabs in Alpe D'Quiz today, featuring a luxurious Rapha Skincare bundle and Wash Bag. → http://t.co/3n8XlqiNYq
- Cool to see our friends @chriskingbuzz representing in the mix of the elite men's race. #mycielo Parbo! http://t.co/L8g8gNofyR
- The masked man on the cyclocross course today was @jeremypowers. It was that cold. http://t.co/KztIjCYu4O
- Calm and confident on the snow - Katerina Nash is off to an early lead. http://t.co/8TynNP7Nho
- Mr. McDonald's tire choice for today's snowy conditions. Can you guess his PSI? http://t.co/2iHgOw6sUw
- They reopened the ice covered fly-over here in Bend. http://t.co/6xOs5BSd0W
- River City Bicycles racer Ryan (Dream) Weaver 2_wicked_awesome powered his way to a chilly 2nd in the… http://t.co/HDDjDnS99w
- Meanwhile over in Bend, Oregon it is a bright, crisp day for cyclocross racing. http://t.co/6lcDQK5UNX