Cette page n'a pas encore été traduite en Français.
We are showing you the French version of our site: would you prefer a different location?
Vous visitez la version française de notre site internet. Voulez-vous changer de version?
Rapha Rising 2013
Rapha and Strava are proud to announce Rapha Rising 2013. For this summer’s challenge, we are inviting riders around the world to scale the combined height of some legendary European climbs. In the week which starts on Bastille Day (14th-21st July), Rapha is challenging participating riders to climb the combined height, from sea level, of the Col de Peyresourde, Mont Ventoux and Col de Sarenne. The Peyresourde is one of the giants of the Pyrenees, while Mont Ventoux, the Giant of Provence, lies on the periphery of the Alps; together, they’ve been the sites of some of cycling most famous battles.
Of the Col de Sarenne, however, very little is known. At 1,999m high, the pro peloton will tackle it for the first time this summer, descending on a road resurfaced especially for the occasion. In the season’s biggest race, the pros will have to scale Alpe d’Huez twice, so this year’s Rapha Rising is also challenging riders to scale the equivalent of two Alpes, making a total climbing distance of 7,235m.
Col de Peyresourde: western approach
Mont Ventoux: tough at the top
- @TheRaceRadio A man experienced in sheep aerodynamics, perhaps. → http://t.co/4ysrDy5bie
- The most recent Rapha Gentlemen’s Race took place in Adelaide with 18 teams lining up for the rolling 160km route. → http://t.co/ZQ3Dzz0NEX
- @andersmagnus Hi Anders, there’s been a delay unfortunately, but thanks for being patient. It will be out as soon as possible.
- We're proud to present one of our favourite films this year, so put some headphones on and enjoy. View the film → http://t.co/B2BXnE3JuY
- Congratulations to yesterday’s Alpe d'Quiz winner Khamarul Rejab who receives a Team Sky bundle. Today's prize draw → http://t.co/h4frOXDYma
- RT @chrishoy: Ok, I'm going to make the call now, and it's a big call, but I reckon @Ed_Clancy will break the World kilo record at the end …
- @Barry8012 @RaphaCycleClub You’re most welcome Simon, thanks for your feedback.
- @antmccrossan Thanks Anthony.
- @brettrothmeyer nice cap drawing by the way!
- @Jack_Sadler @raphacondor We’re honoured to have you riding for us Jack.