Cette page n'a pas encore été traduite en Français.
We are showing you the French version of our site: would you prefer a different location?
Vous visitez la version française de notre site internet. Voulez-vous changer de version?
Rapha Rides: The Garden of England
Graeme Raeburn, a man of Kent (or is that a Kentish man?), and Ultan Coyle, a man of Ulster (Dundalk actually), led us on the sixth instalment of the all-company ride through south London into Kent, the Garden of England.
We set off from Café St. Germain in Crystal Palace and proceeded south, over the Kent Gateway and up Salt Box Hill to Biggin Hill with views across the Weald Valley. After toiling up Toys Hill we descended into Sevenoaks for a quick coffee break and then continued through Knole Park, with deer and stags roaming across the grounds.
Jonathan 'Pantani' Bacon
Then it was down to West Peckham for a spot of lunch and some local ales at the Swan on the Green public house. Quintessentially English countryside with delightful undulations. A great day out. Thanks to everyone who rode and to Graeme and Ultan for organising.
The Swan on the Green
- @tribryan Hi Bryan, that’s a discontinued Irish Country Jersey which is no longer in production, sorry to disappoint.
- @vickiewoodsford @richardhier @daithetooth Thanks Vickie, glad we were able to help too.
- @ServiceCourse @richardhier @daithetooth You’re all too kind, thank you.
- @richardhier Thanks Richard, have a good weekend. Will pass on your thanks to Peter.
- Stylish, creative, sharp? We all know a sartorial city rider that can be tricky to buy for. See our guide for hints → http://t.co/dul9phwMoX
- Who's excited for snowy racing #inbend this weekend? We brought tshirts and coffee for the weekend.… http://t.co/aYYPjQEXTG
- @playa_mansa Sorry, somehow missed this. Our backpack is great for general use. Most of us here use it both on and off the bike.
- @TheRaceRadio A man experienced in sheep aerodynamics, perhaps. → http://t.co/4ysrDy5bie
- The most recent Rapha Gentlemen’s Race took place in Adelaide with 18 teams lining up for the rolling 160km route. → http://t.co/ZQ3Dzz0NEX
- @andersmagnus Hi Anders, there’s been a delay unfortunately, but thanks for being patient. It will be out as soon as possible.