We are showing you the Australian version of our site: would you prefer a different location?
Rapha Rides: The Garden of England
Graeme Raeburn, a man of Kent (or is that a Kentish man?), and Ultan Coyle, a man of Ulster (Dundalk actually), led us on the sixth instalment of the all-company ride through south London into Kent, the Garden of England.
We set off from Café St. Germain in Crystal Palace and proceeded south, over the Kent Gateway and up Salt Box Hill to Biggin Hill with views across the Weald Valley. After toiling up Toys Hill we descended into Sevenoaks for a quick coffee break and then continued through Knole Park, with deer and stags roaming across the grounds.
Jonathan 'Pantani' Bacon
Then it was down to West Peckham for a spot of lunch and some local ales at the Swan on the Green public house. Quintessentially English countryside with delightful undulations. A great day out. Thanks to everyone who rode and to Graeme and Ultan for organising.
The Swan on the Green
- @brettrothmeyer nice cap drawing by the way!
- @Jack_Sadler @raphacondor We’re honoured to have you riding for us Jack.
- RT @dean0downing: I had 6 great seasons with the @raphacondor team, thanks to all at @rapharacing for the support through out. http://t.co/…
- @dean0downing @raphacondor Thank you Dean, it’s been an incredible journey.
- Eeny meeny miny moe. Aka Sean, Freddy, Roger and Francesco. If like me you can't decide which one of… http://t.co/o5b8KuTdCX
- Buying for the obsessive cyclist can be an impossible task. The kit has to be right, but what do you choose? → http://t.co/78RaFQ810G
- RT @raphacondor: 2014 will be the last year that Rapha will be part of @raphacondor JLT, concluding 9 fantastic years as co-owners. → http:…
- RT @rapha_australia: It's time for #alpedquiz question two. "WHERE DID RICHIE PORTE FINISH ON STAGE 18 OF THE 2013 TOUR?" Answer at http://…
- The #oneoftheseplease wk 3 includes some outdoor products from the likes of @polerstuff - Kletterwerks - and Filson: http://t.co/SG3aSEcjxN
- 2014 will be the last year that Rapha will be part of @raphacondor JLT, concluding 9 fantastic years as co-owners. → http://t.co/11e5ZxOdoC