[ locale string ]
Rapha Rides the Black Forest | Film
Film by e r t z u i
The Freiburg Collective was billed as a celebration of the bicycle and together with the likes of Campagnolo, Tune, Fixie Inc and Chris King amongst others, Rapha jumped at the invitation from Crema Cycle's Ken Bloomer to come down and join in the weekend's fun.
And so it was that gorgeous sunshine and warm temperatures on the Saturday morning welcomed a crowd of some 50 riders - some of whom had travelled more than 4hrs just to take part - to Rapha's inaugural ride in Germany, Rapha Rides the Black Forest.
And it had it all: Brutally sapping climbs in the first few kilometres, a long drag up to the 1284m Schauinsland, a picnic stop, technical descents and vineyards… all peppered with some carefully-selected strade bianche to get us all into Giro mood. And all set against that stunning Black Forest backdrop.
There were attacks, sprints, relaxed gruppetto riding and there was also the Rapha Continental with Cindy Llewellen making the Schauinsland her 'Hausberg' by riding it three times in as many days, and Ben Lieberson closing gaps at 55km/h on the flat. But most of all there was just a great group of riders out together for a few very enjoyable hours in the saddle in some of the most spectacular scenery Germany has to offer.
So thanks to them for coming and thanks for making the Rapha Rides the Black Forest the first of many successful events to come in Europe.
- Who's excited for snowy racing #inbend this weekend? We brought tshirts and coffee for the weekend.… http://t.co/aYYPjQEXTG
- @playa_mansa Sorry, somehow missed this. Our backpack is great for general use. Most of us here use it both on and off the bike.
- @TheRaceRadio A man experienced in sheep aerodynamics, perhaps. → http://t.co/4ysrDy5bie
- The most recent Rapha Gentlemen’s Race took place in Adelaide with 18 teams lining up for the rolling 160km route. → http://t.co/ZQ3Dzz0NEX
- @andersmagnus Hi Anders, there’s been a delay unfortunately, but thanks for being patient. It will be out as soon as possible.
- We're proud to present one of our favourite films this year, so put some headphones on and enjoy. View the film → http://t.co/B2BXnE3JuY
- Congratulations to yesterday’s Alpe d'Quiz winner Khamarul Rejab who receives a Team Sky bundle. Today's prize draw → http://t.co/h4frOXDYma
- RT @chrishoy: Ok, I'm going to make the call now, and it's a big call, but I reckon @Ed_Clancy will break the World kilo record at the end …
- @Barry8012 @RaphaCycleClub You’re most welcome Simon, thanks for your feedback.
- @antmccrossan Thanks Anthony.