Questa pagina non è ancora stata tradotta nella lingua che hai scelto.
[ locale string ]
[ locale string ]
Rapha Rides L'Eroica
Last weekend Rapha sent a party over to Tuscany for the vintage-style sportive L’Eroica. Ridden partly along the ‘strade bianche’ or white gravel roads of the Chianti, Valdarbia and Valdorci regions of Italy, this ‘free excursion’ harks back to the heroic days of cycling where spare tubes were worn round the shoulders and woolen shorts were king. The majority of participants hail from Italy and with an atmosphere of tradition and occasion, this really is pure cycling nostalgia.
Rapha hosted a boutique at the start village displaying the more vintage-inspired wares of the range and then participated in the undulating ride through the lush Tuscan countryside. The Rapha riders also, of course, enjoyed a glorious array of meats, pasta, dolce and vino. Troppo Brava.
J. Sutcliffe, A. Massey, B. Brown, Z. Craster, S. Huntsman
VINTAGE VELO AUCTION
The regulations of L’Eroica stipulate that only road bikes comprising of technology dating before 1987 qualifies a participant. The rules state that bikes with “switch lever on the oblique tube loom, toe clips and belts, external brake wires” are accepted.
Rossin, Koga Miyata, Bianchi, Gazelle
Rapha sourced some beautiful vintage machines to ride the event. Four of these bikes, provided by London shop Tour de Ville, will be auctioned at rapha.cc beginning Friday.
Auction page on the site coming soon
~ Coppa, salume and crostini with Tuscan Pate ~
~ Ribolitta ~
~ Penne ragu ~
~ Tuscan sausage and beans ~
~ Plate of fresh fruit ~
~ Van Santo and Cantuccini biscuits ~
And, of course, Chianti;
(Thanks to John Sutcliffe for the menu)
- @playa_mansa Sorry, somehow missed this. Our backpack is great for general use. Most of us here use it both on and off the bike.
- @TheRaceRadio A man experienced in sheep aerodynamics, perhaps. → http://t.co/4ysrDy5bie
- The most recent Rapha Gentlemen’s Race took place in Adelaide with 18 teams lining up for the rolling 160km route. → http://t.co/ZQ3Dzz0NEX
- @andersmagnus Hi Anders, there’s been a delay unfortunately, but thanks for being patient. It will be out as soon as possible.
- We're proud to present one of our favourite films this year, so put some headphones on and enjoy. View the film → http://t.co/B2BXnE3JuY
- Congratulations to yesterday’s Alpe d'Quiz winner Khamarul Rejab who receives a Team Sky bundle. Today's prize draw → http://t.co/h4frOXDYma
- RT @chrishoy: Ok, I'm going to make the call now, and it's a big call, but I reckon @Ed_Clancy will break the World kilo record at the end …
- @Barry8012 @RaphaCycleClub You’re most welcome Simon, thanks for your feedback.
- @antmccrossan Thanks Anthony.
- @brettrothmeyer nice cap drawing by the way!