Cette page n'a pas encore été traduite en Français.
We are showing you the French version of our site: would you prefer a different location?
Vous visitez la version française de notre site internet. Voulez-vous changer de version?
Rapha Rides L'Eroica
Last weekend Rapha sent a party over to Tuscany for the vintage-style sportive L’Eroica. Ridden partly along the ‘strade bianche’ or white gravel roads of the Chianti, Valdarbia and Valdorci regions of Italy, this ‘free excursion’ harks back to the heroic days of cycling where spare tubes were worn round the shoulders and woolen shorts were king. The majority of participants hail from Italy and with an atmosphere of tradition and occasion, this really is pure cycling nostalgia.
Rapha hosted a boutique at the start village displaying the more vintage-inspired wares of the range and then participated in the undulating ride through the lush Tuscan countryside. The Rapha riders also, of course, enjoyed a glorious array of meats, pasta, dolce and vino. Troppo Brava.
J. Sutcliffe, A. Massey, B. Brown, Z. Craster, S. Huntsman
VINTAGE VELO AUCTION
The regulations of L’Eroica stipulate that only road bikes comprising of technology dating before 1987 qualifies a participant. The rules state that bikes with “switch lever on the oblique tube loom, toe clips and belts, external brake wires” are accepted.
Rossin, Koga Miyata, Bianchi, Gazelle
Rapha sourced some beautiful vintage machines to ride the event. Four of these bikes, provided by London shop Tour de Ville, will be auctioned at rapha.cc beginning Friday.
Auction page on the site coming soon
~ Coppa, salume and crostini with Tuscan Pate ~
~ Ribolitta ~
~ Penne ragu ~
~ Tuscan sausage and beans ~
~ Plate of fresh fruit ~
~ Van Santo and Cantuccini biscuits ~
And, of course, Chianti;
(Thanks to John Sutcliffe for the menu)
- @brettrothmeyer nice cap drawing by the way!
- @Jack_Sadler @raphacondor We’re honoured to have you riding for us Jack.
- RT @dean0downing: I had 6 great seasons with the @raphacondor team, thanks to all at @rapharacing for the support through out. http://t.co/…
- @dean0downing @raphacondor Thank you Dean, it’s been an incredible journey.
- Eeny meeny miny moe. Aka Sean, Freddy, Roger and Francesco. If like me you can't decide which one of… http://t.co/o5b8KuTdCX
- Buying for the obsessive cyclist can be an impossible task. The kit has to be right, but what do you choose? → http://t.co/78RaFQ810G
- RT @raphacondor: 2014 will be the last year that Rapha will be part of @raphacondor JLT, concluding 9 fantastic years as co-owners. → http:…
- RT @rapha_australia: It's time for #alpedquiz question two. "WHERE DID RICHIE PORTE FINISH ON STAGE 18 OF THE 2013 TOUR?" Answer at http://…
- The #oneoftheseplease wk 3 includes some outdoor products from the likes of @polerstuff - Kletterwerks - and Filson: http://t.co/SG3aSEcjxN
- 2014 will be the last year that Rapha will be part of @raphacondor JLT, concluding 9 fantastic years as co-owners. → http://t.co/11e5ZxOdoC