Cette page n'a pas encore été traduite en Français.
We are showing you the French version of our site: would you prefer a different location?
Vous visitez la version française de notre site internet. Voulez-vous changer de version?
Rapha Randonnée Appennini, Report One
Ian Holt, the owner and today's ride leader from La Fuga swears that the first 'stage' that we completed tonight was the most difficult of the week. The longest day and with the steepest climb, the San Pelligrino, where there are two sections on the 17k climb where the road pitches up to 18%. Rumor is that there is one portion of one of those sections that really is more like 22%, which I'd believe after pushing, pulling and wishing myself up the climb along with ten fellow suffering cyclists.
Eros Poli, also known as Monsieur Ventoux was a terrific addition to our peloton today and said that he had never ridden San Pelligrino. He then said that he would be perfectly happy never doing so again.
It was a brutal climb and we're all the better for it because it was truly magnificent when you arrived at the top.
While we are talking about 'Poli', our morning started in Lucca, Italy some seven and a half hours and 165 kilometers earlier. Since 1934 Lucca has been the home of Poli Biciclette, no relation to Eros. With a family history and friendship with the great Campionissimo, Poli is a cathedral to the sport not to be missed. Although the representation of Bianchi bicycles that they have for sale is impressive, it is nowhere near as impressive as the armada of Poli-branded cycles that they've sold to what appears to be nearly every local in the beautiful old-walled town.
Day 2 of the Randonnée Appennini tomorrow. Might rain. Fantastic.
- @antmccrossan Thanks Anthony.
- @brettrothmeyer nice cap drawing by the way!
- @Jack_Sadler @raphacondor We’re honoured to have you riding for us Jack.
- RT @dean0downing: I had 6 great seasons with the @raphacondor team, thanks to all at @rapharacing for the support through out. http://t.co/…
- @dean0downing @raphacondor Thank you Dean, it’s been an incredible journey.
- Eeny meeny miny moe. Aka Sean, Freddy, Roger and Francesco. If like me you can't decide which one of… http://t.co/o5b8KuTdCX
- Buying for the obsessive cyclist can be an impossible task. The kit has to be right, but what do you choose? → http://t.co/78RaFQ810G
- RT @raphacondor: 2014 will be the last year that Rapha will be part of @raphacondor JLT, concluding 9 fantastic years as co-owners. → http:…
- RT @rapha_australia: It's time for #alpedquiz question two. "WHERE DID RICHIE PORTE FINISH ON STAGE 18 OF THE 2013 TOUR?" Answer at http://…
- The #oneoftheseplease wk 3 includes some outdoor products from the likes of @polerstuff - Kletterwerks - and Filson: http://t.co/SG3aSEcjxN