We are showing you the Japanese version of our site: would you prefer a different location?
Rapha Randonnée Appennini Report, Day Two
A short memory is something that benefits a cyclist. I am not suggesting that we want to forget about the great rides, time spent with friends, or the beautiful places that we experience on the bike. Only recognizing that by the time you finish a five-plus hour ride that you can hardly remember the early parts of the ride, and that might not be a bad thing. If losing a few good memories of a day is the price for forgetting the pain that comes with a 125k ride with 2500m of climbing, it might be worth it. Do not misunderstand, I am a firm proponent that through suffering and struggle comes progression and amazing tales, but when you are on day two of six and have 150k with four major climbs tomorrow, a selective memory is fine by me.
The stories that are being made each day are something that I don't want to forget and I suppose at day's end that is the real beauty of coming to a beautiful place like this to ride with a great group. I have been doing my best to shoot on the road to make sure I don't forget. There's been a certain Aussie that has been too fast of yet to capture on film, but these photos of Simon, Pablo, Charlie and Carrick all capture the ebb and flow of glory and suffering of today's ride.
Lastly, Weather.com was correct, we caught driving rain with striking bolts of lightening and booming thunder—all a bit unnervingly close—just in time for the final 19k climb and slippery 12k drop into Stia.
- Team about to start the @anpostras probably the Worlds friendliest race.
- RT @nedboulting: Kristian House's Grandad was a fantastic man. He told me about him once. Then I read this: http://t.co/ZCeYbm4sFU
- @DeanHardman @nedboulting @j_t_locke such a shame...
- @TeamSkyGirl @nedboulting @j_t_locke we've asked JTL to change his name.
- RT @Ed_Clancy: Watch @raphacondor team mate Kristian House take another win (and lap me in the process) around his favourite circuit to…
- RT @TourSeries: Catch-up with all of the #Durham #tourseries action on ITV4 tonight http://t.co/YE9zgNaZem
- Some helpful #womens100 tips from Australian pro @tiffanycromwell that you might find useful over on @gcntweet → http://t.co/ZqgODQ6Tz3
- New Media, New Myths: @TrueBS writes for our blog about the building of legends at the @AmgenTourofCali → http://t.co/SEEBqxorZh #AToC
- Starting this Sunday, the Irish tour @anpostras is being raced by @raphacondor JLT and our very own Ultan Coyle. → http://t.co/gJmiGGr2zy
- Atoc photographers come in all shapes and sizes. Like this one @johnprolly. #atoc http://t.co/yWV0121rRB