Questa pagina non è ancora stata tradotta nella lingua che hai scelto.
[ locale string ]
[ locale string ]
Rapha Racing: New York City
Between the realities of living in a hardened city like New York and the insatiable desire to ride bikes lies a chasm. A divide that leaves many aspiring bike racers sitting in front of computer screens all day while their bikes gather dust. This is the ultimate obstacle (some say indignity) of trying to race competitively while living in a city that requires an atypical work ethic during good times. And these aren’t good times.
And yet, for some of us, not riding bicycles is as far from an acceptable option as is sleeping past 6:00 in the morning, leaving the office at 4:30 in the afternoon or skipping the Friday night happy hour at Franklin Park. One of the members of the New York City-based Rapha Racing team described it thusly: “Once my wife told me she wanted me to ride my bike less. But if I rode my bike less she really wouldn’t like hanging around with the guy I would become.”
For some of us there is no option. We are compelled to ride. And because of the competitive predisposition (probably the same one that drove us to work in a concrete jungle like New York) lurking in our psyches, we are compelled to race. Sometimes at 5:45 in the morning in Central Park; sometimes at 7:00 in the evening on an abandoned air strip in Brooklyn; and sometimes in a crit on Wednesday nights out in Greenwich, Connecticut.
Rapha Racing New York City is a group of like-minded cyclists, all drawn by the same desire to ride the legs off our friends, then laugh about it over coffee and bagels or a couple beers before going back to our families. Rapha Racing is for those of us who force a cycling lifestyle upon a city that would rather say otherwise. Rapha Racing is the triumph of our cycling addiction over our urban realities.
- Bryan Borgia
- Richard Bravo
- James Conopask
- Ben Court
- Greg Fowlkes
- Thomas Hinnershitz
- Peter Hurst
- Jed Kornbluh
- Piers North
- Phil Riggio
- Luke Stiles
Bryan Borgia: Presently 1st overall in the Pro-1/2 Cycle Fitness 2009 Summer Series; 3rd overall 2009 Bethel Spring Series
Peter Hurst: 1st Pro-1/2 Housatonic Hills Road race; 5th overall Cat 2 2009 Fitchburg Longsjo Classic
Photos taken by Gina Green: TeamorganicNYC.org
- @brettrothmeyer nice cap drawing by the way!
- @Jack_Sadler @raphacondor We’re honoured to have you riding for us Jack.
- RT @dean0downing: I had 6 great seasons with the @raphacondor team, thanks to all at @rapharacing for the support through out. http://t.co/…
- @dean0downing @raphacondor Thank you Dean, it’s been an incredible journey.
- Eeny meeny miny moe. Aka Sean, Freddy, Roger and Francesco. If like me you can't decide which one of… http://t.co/o5b8KuTdCX
- Buying for the obsessive cyclist can be an impossible task. The kit has to be right, but what do you choose? → http://t.co/78RaFQ810G
- RT @raphacondor: 2014 will be the last year that Rapha will be part of @raphacondor JLT, concluding 9 fantastic years as co-owners. → http:…
- RT @rapha_australia: It's time for #alpedquiz question two. "WHERE DID RICHIE PORTE FINISH ON STAGE 18 OF THE 2013 TOUR?" Answer at http://…
- The #oneoftheseplease wk 3 includes some outdoor products from the likes of @polerstuff - Kletterwerks - and Filson: http://t.co/SG3aSEcjxN
- 2014 will be the last year that Rapha will be part of @raphacondor JLT, concluding 9 fantastic years as co-owners. → http://t.co/11e5ZxOdoC