[ locale string ]
We are showing you the Taiwanese version of our site: would you prefer a different location?
Rapha London Co. Ride: Essex
If you are not familiar to the county of Essex, with its rolling landscape, oak trees, Kestrels, boy racers in lowered Hondas and girls with too much fake-tan lotion, then you'd do far worse than to acquaint yourself on a ride north-east out of London, through the tranquil suburbs of Leyton, Chigwell and over towards Epping Forest and beyond.
No over-extended sentence can do the region justice, and for a handful of us at Rapha, this is our local riding manor. On Wednesday the London office downed-tools, as they say, and made a trip eastwards from Newington Green, Islington, for a gentle 50kms to the Leather Bottle in Ingatestone ("gentle" for the most part anyway). Four punctures and a coke stop later we were eating as much as the flustered pub staff could manage to cook for 40 plus cyclists. Thanks to everyone who rode out, especially Ben Brown for organising (geezer). The Essex County motto is "many minds, one heart", without being overly sentimental, I'll drink to that.
- We've just added 13 new rides since the weekend to our Rapha #womens100 Find a Ride list. → http://t.co/ux8c1JCuQc
- The team also racing the Ras in Ireland this week. Currently Aaron Buggle is the team's top placed rider in 15th overall.
- Tour Series resumes tonight in Stoke on Trent. RCJ line up is House, Clancy, McCallum, English and Mellor.
- Arboretum → http://t.co/cJXOyDWnK0 #raphasurvey #sanfrancisco #sf #cycling
- There are still a few of these sweet Rapha + Raeburn jackets at the SF @raphacycleclub. http://t.co/C2d98yCRL0
- The hills above. #raphasurvey http://t.co/jlIkXowxyT
- U23 winner in 2012 what's in store for @RichHandley90 in the @anpostras http://t.co/xyZWX3NbtG
- Sunday morning race day, church car park scene. @anpostras #ras2013 http://t.co/2E1UlfAxhe
- Will all these numbers be able to wear the coveted t-shirt in one weeks time? #menoftheras #ras2013 http://t.co/ai1oqnDIyh
- Team about to start the @anpostras probably the Worlds friendliest race.