We are showing you the Japanese version of our site: would you prefer a different location?
Rapha London Co. Ride: Essex
If you are not familiar to the county of Essex, with its rolling landscape, oak trees, Kestrels, boy racers in lowered Hondas and girls with too much fake-tan lotion, then you'd do far worse than to acquaint yourself on a ride north-east out of London, through the tranquil suburbs of Leyton, Chigwell and over towards Epping Forest and beyond.
No over-extended sentence can do the region justice, and for a handful of us at Rapha, this is our local riding manor. On Wednesday the London office downed-tools, as they say, and made a trip eastwards from Newington Green, Islington, for a gentle 50kms to the Leather Bottle in Ingatestone ("gentle" for the most part anyway). Four punctures and a coke stop later we were eating as much as the flustered pub staff could manage to cook for 40 plus cyclists. Thanks to everyone who rode out, especially Ben Brown for organising (geezer). The Essex County motto is "many minds, one heart", without being overly sentimental, I'll drink to that.
- How good is this shot ! “@TourdeKorea2013: @mike_cuming looking good in yellow! #TdK2013 @johnherety @raphacondor http://t.co/CrCV1zkCUB”
- RT @TourdeKorea2013: @mike_cuming looking good in yellow! #TdK2013 @johnherety @raphacondor http://t.co/oCjdyhvSue
- Reality check we also lost teammates @AaronBuggle and @carthy94 today. Going to be tough to defend.
- @mike_cuming in yellow with just over a minutes lead going into the final 2 stages of @TourdeKorea2013 couldn't of happened to a nicer guy
- RT @TourdeKorea2013: 25km to go in Stage 6. @mike_cuming is the virtual leader for @raphacondor. #TdK2013
- RT @TourdeKorea2013: 102 riders will sign on today after eight were dropped by their teams in the TTT and failed to make the time cut. #TdK…
- RT @London_phill: @raphacondor @MiBsponsor @james_fairbank_ Rapha team in Tour De Korea 2013 TTT http://t.co/SW09x70Zs0
- RT @182Jay: @raphacondor please share my @JustGiving page @thomwilson88, @DavidMetherell1 and I are fundraising for @MyelomaUK http://t.co…
- Great ride by the boys in Korea. 3rd by only 3 seconds in the 25km TTT today. Mike Cuming now up to 5th overall.
- Some nice pics of the boys and report on the great Mr Cancy's ride last night: http://t.co/ctoHu37ixb