We are showing you the Australian version of our site: would you prefer a different location?
Rapha London Co. Ride: Essex
If you are not familiar to the county of Essex, with its rolling landscape, oak trees, Kestrels, boy racers in lowered Hondas and girls with too much fake-tan lotion, then you'd do far worse than to acquaint yourself on a ride north-east out of London, through the tranquil suburbs of Leyton, Chigwell and over towards Epping Forest and beyond.
No over-extended sentence can do the region justice, and for a handful of us at Rapha, this is our local riding manor. On Wednesday the London office downed-tools, as they say, and made a trip eastwards from Newington Green, Islington, for a gentle 50kms to the Leather Bottle in Ingatestone ("gentle" for the most part anyway). Four punctures and a coke stop later we were eating as much as the flustered pub staff could manage to cook for 40 plus cyclists. Thanks to everyone who rode out, especially Ben Brown for organising (geezer). The Essex County motto is "many minds, one heart", without being overly sentimental, I'll drink to that.
- RT @RaphaCycleClub: NYC: Analog to digital conversion. #oneoftheseplease #Festive500 http://t.co/f2rQd3Lv6g
- RT @roadcc: Rapha Alpe d’Quiz starts today with prizes to be won @rapharacing #cycling | road.cc http://t.co/tTdEEWjf8k
- RT @RaphaCycleClub: LDN: great to have @DanMartin86 as guest barista in the club this afternoon. http://t.co/IeCC0HKuKr
- Part Two from @RigoZimmerman's series, ‘The Winter’ is now available to read → http://t.co/GIl5Kj9Sfy • Part One → http://t.co/8IclbHCHcc
- As teased at the weekend, Rapha is pleased to welcome the return of Alpe d’Quiz, three weeks of… http://t.co/od3pWXomm9
- The 2013 edition of Alpe d’Quiz is now underway. For a chance to win a Rapha Backpack + Rain Cover, enter here → http://t.co/3n8XlqiNYq
- Inspired by the 21 bends of Alpe d'Huez, we bring back Alpe d’Quiz with a Rapha prize to be won each day. Enter now → http://t.co/3n8XlqiNYq
- @joneaves No problem Jon, we do our best. Thanks for the feedback.
- Our very own "Super-knecht" @grutte_bear leaves us today to return to his homeland of Holland. So, we… http://t.co/sSULSkWcRw
- RT @RaphaCycleClub: NYC: The new @rapharacing Cross Transfer Jacket has great details. Which is why we’ll take #oneoftheseplease http://t.…