We are showing you the Global version of our site: would you prefer a different location?
Rapha Gentlemen's Race: September 12, 2009
23 teams started, and 22 teams officially finished the third running of the Rapha Gentlemen's Race this past Saturday in Oregon. Utilizing a proprietary seeding system where those expected to be fastest set-off last, the 6-person teams left the coastal town of Otis at a three minute stagger.
Being unsanctioned and unmarshalled, and at a distance of 137 miles, the Gentlemen's Race is meant to extend the boundaries of the road racer. From the look of the hollow-eyed storytellers at the finish line celebration, it seems safe to say that the route, the distance and the day certainly delivered.
A full feature including a wealth of photography, videos and stories to come in the next couple of weeks, but in the spirit of timely race results here is the final classification:
1. River City
2. Studio Velo
3. Team HPC (note: fastest overall race time- 6:59)
4. Half Fast Velo
5. Team Oregon
6. Nike Livestrong
7. Terry & His Young Friends
8. Ironclad (men)
10. Rapha Racing
11. Royal Family of International Acclaim
12. Embrocation Cycling Journal
14. Team Insiderati
15. Ironclad (women)
16. Team Beer
17. Mission Cycling
18. Baron Bicycles
19. Rapha Continental
20. Eddy Merkins (note: single speeds)
- RT @CondorWarehouse: @raphacondor JLT 2014 pedals will be @SpeedplayPedals Stainless White :-) http://t.co/S4oOK2gx8t
- RT @CondorWarehouse: A massive shout out to @SpeedplayPedals just received our pedals for @raphacondor JLT 2014 bikes. Thanks guys http://t…
- Congratulations to yesterday’s Alpe d'Quiz winner Darren Edwards who receives a Rapha Backpack. Today's prize draw → http://t.co/h4frOXDYma
- @vickiewoodsford @tobytoof @daithetooth @WhittleFit Thanks Vickie, very kind of you to say.
- @daithetooth Thank you Dai.
- @rich_mitch @RaphaCycleClub You're welcome.
- @rich_mitch Hey Rich, you're probably best to head to our @RaphaCycleClub in London to try them on with advice some our knowledgable staff.
- RT @rapha_australia: The first #alpedquiz question has been asked. "FAUSTO COPPI WAS THE FIRST MAN TO DO WHAT?" Answer at http://t.co/EnOFN…
- RT @rapha_n_america: Up Close: The Rapha x Raeburn Fall-Winter Collection via @selectism :: http://t.co/O27Eo9pQGK
- What do you get the cyclist who has everything? Here's what we recommend for the dandy in your life. → http://t.co/ciPREr3fnP