We are showing you the Norwegian version of our site: would you prefer a different location?
Rapha Gentlemen's Race: September 12, 2009
23 teams started, and 22 teams officially finished the third running of the Rapha Gentlemen's Race this past Saturday in Oregon. Utilizing a proprietary seeding system where those expected to be fastest set-off last, the 6-person teams left the coastal town of Otis at a three minute stagger.
Being unsanctioned and unmarshalled, and at a distance of 137 miles, the Gentlemen's Race is meant to extend the boundaries of the road racer. From the look of the hollow-eyed storytellers at the finish line celebration, it seems safe to say that the route, the distance and the day certainly delivered.
A full feature including a wealth of photography, videos and stories to come in the next couple of weeks, but in the spirit of timely race results here is the final classification:
1. River City
2. Studio Velo
3. Team HPC (note: fastest overall race time- 6:59)
4. Half Fast Velo
5. Team Oregon
6. Nike Livestrong
7. Terry & His Young Friends
8. Ironclad (men)
10. Rapha Racing
11. Royal Family of International Acclaim
12. Embrocation Cycling Journal
14. Team Insiderati
15. Ironclad (women)
16. Team Beer
17. Mission Cycling
18. Baron Bicycles
19. Rapha Continental
20. Eddy Merkins (note: single speeds)
- RT @IonaNiDhalaigh: Yahhh mountain jersey in the bag!!! Nice one @mike_cuming!!! @raphacondor http://t.co/GrGqSL0Kgl
- RT @CondorWarehouse: Nice to see the @raphacondor JLT team bike on display @campagnolosrl HQ with so many top pro teams http://t.co/5CgE0tY…
- RT @anpostras: GC after Stage 4: Bialoblocki,, McConvey, Guldhammer, Handley, Pelletier-Roy, Hunal, Simon Yates, Fodor, Roger Aiken, Archbo…
- Spare a thought for @Porterelliott who punctured out of the yellow jersey group, when will he get some luck!
- Took the @anpostras on today. Didn't quite pull it off. @RichHandley90 4th on GC and @mike_cuming in the KoM jersey.
- Tour series update from Stoke up on the site http://t.co/aVdcnGnkOX
- RT @elstopbanana: Here's Kristian House @raphacondor at last night's @TourSeries picture by Sue Howlett Great racing! @SoTCityCouncil http:…
- RT @sticky_bottle: Meant to say, to be eligible for the @raphacondor team car compeition you have to be a stickybottle twitter follower!
- RT @sticky_bottle: OK folks; nice morning for it. To win a day in the Rapha Condor JLT team car on the Rás last stage, Sunday, just retweet…
- Third team overall for the Men in Black at Stoke last night in the @TourSeries