We are showing you the Norwegian version of our site: would you prefer a different location?
Rapha Gentlemen's Race: September 12, 2009
23 teams started, and 22 teams officially finished the third running of the Rapha Gentlemen's Race this past Saturday in Oregon. Utilizing a proprietary seeding system where those expected to be fastest set-off last, the 6-person teams left the coastal town of Otis at a three minute stagger.
Being unsanctioned and unmarshalled, and at a distance of 137 miles, the Gentlemen's Race is meant to extend the boundaries of the road racer. From the look of the hollow-eyed storytellers at the finish line celebration, it seems safe to say that the route, the distance and the day certainly delivered.
A full feature including a wealth of photography, videos and stories to come in the next couple of weeks, but in the spirit of timely race results here is the final classification:
1. River City
2. Studio Velo
3. Team HPC (note: fastest overall race time- 6:59)
4. Half Fast Velo
5. Team Oregon
6. Nike Livestrong
7. Terry & His Young Friends
8. Ironclad (men)
10. Rapha Racing
11. Royal Family of International Acclaim
12. Embrocation Cycling Journal
14. Team Insiderati
15. Ironclad (women)
16. Team Beer
17. Mission Cycling
18. Baron Bicycles
19. Rapha Continental
20. Eddy Merkins (note: single speeds)
- How good is this shot ! “@TourdeKorea2013: @mike_cuming looking good in yellow! #TdK2013 @johnherety @raphacondor http://t.co/CrCV1zkCUB”
- RT @TourdeKorea2013: @mike_cuming looking good in yellow! #TdK2013 @johnherety @raphacondor http://t.co/oCjdyhvSue
- Reality check we also lost teammates @AaronBuggle and @carthy94 today. Going to be tough to defend.
- @mike_cuming in yellow with just over a minutes lead going into the final 2 stages of @TourdeKorea2013 couldn't of happened to a nicer guy
- RT @TourdeKorea2013: 25km to go in Stage 6. @mike_cuming is the virtual leader for @raphacondor. #TdK2013
- RT @TourdeKorea2013: 102 riders will sign on today after eight were dropped by their teams in the TTT and failed to make the time cut. #TdK…
- RT @London_phill: @raphacondor @MiBsponsor @james_fairbank_ Rapha team in Tour De Korea 2013 TTT http://t.co/SW09x70Zs0
- RT @182Jay: @raphacondor please share my @JustGiving page @thomwilson88, @DavidMetherell1 and I are fundraising for @MyelomaUK http://t.co…
- Great ride by the boys in Korea. 3rd by only 3 seconds in the 25km TTT today. Mike Cuming now up to 5th overall.
- Some nice pics of the boys and report on the great Mr Cancy's ride last night: http://t.co/ctoHu37ixb